I am getting weak again

Old 08-11-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dunno what it is about these families projecting their sh*t onto the person trying to get free of it. I would swear they all take a correspondence course.

So sorry you are dealing with all this. I second the others here, that acceptance is the key.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I had to say this to myself A LOT for A LONG time.

NO contact = NO new hurts.

I kept expecting to feel better when I contacted him.....I almost always felt worse. I struggled with not taking it on anyways but the comments back were always that it was my problem etc.

As painful as it was the drive to connect it was more painful to realize how sick the "connection," was.

Take good care of yourself. This took me awhile to work through.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes, I am unable to let go completely. I get weak and I call him but that's only because I love him.
He is not your fix for when you feel weak and lonely....he is the cause of that.

I can’t marry an active alcoholic but that is a separate discussion.
No it isn't........same discussion no matter how many words of manipulation or spins of deflection are placed on it............it still ALL boils down to alcoholism and an alcoholic who is telling you and showing you exactly who he is and who he wishes to continue to be.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopingForCure View Post
I know I posted a few weeks ago that I was feeling better about letting my ex go. Few days ago, I started getting anxious and depressed again. I started missing him ALOT. I don't know what happened. My mind kept repeating all of the good times and kept ignoring the hell I went through. I called him, I cried and basically this is what he had to say.

You should know that you are the one we all are waiting on. I am waiting, my family is waiting. You need to decide what you want to do. I am ready to get married to you and start a family. Everyone is on board and it is you who are unable to make a decision. You need to either say YES so we both can get married. Or just say NO (and stop calling) so I can move on with my life. I need to start a family soon.

He is not understanding that I am NOT the one with a problem here. If he was not an alcoholic, we would have been married this summer. Yes, I am unable to let go completely. I get weak and I call him but that's only because I love him. I can’t marry an active alcoholic but that is a separate discussion.

I was just surprised at the way he said that I was the one holding everyone back and that I need to let him know so he can move on.
Sorry if this is not making much sense...Any words of encouragement will be appreciated.
Ah how familiar all this is. Especially turning the tables on you, how "he is waiting for you now to make a decision". Here is a simple excercise - write all the qualities you are looking for in a partner down, and see how many of those he has. My guess - maybe one or two or none? Also, write down what it is that made you separate from him. When you start missing him (it is more of a
withdrawal I'd say), pull out the list and read through it.

I have been married for 12 years to an alcoholic who was "recovering" for 15 years (more like being a dry drunk), and re-lapsing every 2 years over the last 8 years.

Looking back, I was always in love with his potential, not an actual man, who was bitter, brittle, narcissistic and abusive. I filed for divorce, he goes from screaming how awful I was to him and that his and my family hate me to e-mailing that "he misses us (me and my son), and he feels like a part of his heart is missing". I don't believe a single word he says.

My advice would be running as far as you can. No contact.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I get weak and I call him but that's only because I love him

nope. you call him because you CRAVE the contact. he is your FIX, your DEALER. when we truly LOVE someone, we do not USE them to get our needs met. but in dysfunctional addictive relationships, needs are NEVER met.....just the momentary high, followed by the crash.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
From my exA's cousin:

"You know, you should have a baby with him. It's probably the last chance for his mom to be a grandmother."

Scary stuff, don't let them pressure you into anything! I grew up with an A parent and it affects you for life!
This sounds like my ex mom. She told me about a month ago that he really wants a child but I refuse to have a child with someone who put drinking above everything else. I refuse to have a child of mine be raised with that type of dysfunction .
Old 08-14-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Looking for a cure, the cure is inside you but it is your cure and no one else's. He has to cure himself and that will take a long time if ever.