100 Happy Days, Part 3! Any Takers?

Old 12-14-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Dogs have remarkable healing powers, Wisconsin--between that and the day off, you'll be feeling much much better tomorrow, I bet!
Old 12-14-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

And let me just say that I am VERY VERY grateful that I bought tickets to see the new Star Wars movie back in October for this Saturday's show. My daughters and I have been completely nerding out about this movie for months and months.
So. Jealous!
Old 12-14-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Another gratitude entry...I weighed in today, and I'm down 18.5 pounds since I moved. So, so grateful for all of the positive impacts this is having on my health.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

^^ hubba hubba hot mama!

69 - grateful i could shift my schedule to NOT drive on the 8 inches of fresh snow to my parents house today. Next week - 1 looong trip next week rather than twice in two weeks works for me!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

So glad you can stay out of the bad weather, fb!

I'm starting to feel a lot better, but this cough is ridiculous and I don't have much of a voice left, so I took another sick day today. Taking care of ME! And the new teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them came out today, which makes me very, very happy!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

#69 - grateful that when I answered the phone this morning for a # that I didn't recognize (I thought it might be a backline # for DD's school or something) and I realized it was a Toxic Person that I have been NC with, I was able to Click! & hangup without a 2nd thought. I immediately added the # to my contacts as "Don't Answer - X Person".
Old 12-16-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

For yesterday: Grateful for my mighty wheelbarrow which helped me tote multiple loads of XAH's crap out to my brother's pole shed (where it now resides along w/all the crap my brother basically abandoned when he moved to Canada 2 years ago, but that is another battle and another story...). Never underestimate the power of a wheelbarrow wielded by a woman w/a mission!

For today: Grateful for my sturdy old house once again. My "clearing clutter" email for today is about appreciating your home, blessing and loving it. I am eager to go light my candle and repeat my blessing throughout my house. Thank you all for the help you've given me in reclaiming my safe and sacred space here, and it really, really is both of those things for me and Mr. Softee Basset Hound and Little Missy Black Dog. It's our haven.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for the holiday potluck at work today. I made my BBQ meatballs, and everyone's food smells so good. I'm still under the weather, but I am starting to finally get my appetite back. Can't wait to sample everyone's contributions!
Old 12-16-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Grateful to get my gifts wrapped and ready to send with the boys next week.
Grateful for a full tank of gas in my car.
Grateful the new tires I needed were on sale this week and will be ready in plenty time for the drive to pick up the boys after Christmas.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

70 - Grateful to be in my fantasy football playoffs, and for the smack talk to other players function
Old 12-16-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

#70 - Grateful for my exercise stepper that I picked up at Goodwill a couple of years ago. It is a simple piece of equipment but I get a LOT of use out of it.... stepping while I watch my Netflix, lol.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
70 - Grateful to be in my fantasy football playoffs, and for the smack talk to other players function
O/T - have you watched The League? HILARIOUS!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

O/T - have you watched The League? HILARIOUS!
YES!!! I love that show!! - Our 'Shiva' has my name on it 2 out of 4 years so far!!
Old 12-16-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 70 v. 2.2 - Just found the Best Of SR page of threads and saw this for the first time today:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

I've chuckled, and probably cried a couple times at the How to tell if an Alcoholic is in recovery thread. Then saw this today.

And not so long ago, I may have gotten defensive....because I may have resembled every. single. point.

Not today friends - and I am so grateful!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

That is awesome firebolt. I'll be praying that you stay out of the Sacko this year.

#71 - Grateful for a good night of sleep. I have had about a week's worth of bad nights for a variety of random reasons over the last week. Just one night with a fairly solid stretch is enough to make me start to feel a bit more human, a little less zombie.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

71 - grateful for a warm place to live, food, just generally being a lucky sob - all that. Saw too many homeless people out in the cold this am
Old 12-17-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Grateful for four more school mornings before my (I mean the kids') Christmas vacation starts.
Grateful for a copy of Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth that was 50 cents at Goodwill. I've been practicing focusing on my hands while I meditate. Sounds weird, but I swear it's doing something.
Grateful that I decided to start meditating in the car instead of fretting and watching the clock while I wait for DS14 to drag his rear end out the door in the mornings. We're always JUST on time, which differs wildly from my idea of punctuality, which means arriving everywhere 10 minutes early (thanks to my dad and the Army).
Old 12-17-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

OK, I missed so many days, at least 5. My cold/flu, whatever it was, is aaalmost gone. So I am very grateful for that. At the beginning, it did not seem it would last that long, but . . . no more. I am grateful I am about to finish another project this evening. I am grateful for an extremely busy season and for being able to handle it.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grateful for the coming cold snap that will make it easier to do my "poop hunt" this weekend!
Old 12-18-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful (and proud of myself) that I called STBXAH last night and asked HIM to stop at the grocery store to buy the cookies DS wanted to take to his class holiday party today. I have been soooo sick for a week now, and I did NOT want to have to schlep through the store with DS in tow to pick up some dang cookies. I'm also grateful that he took care of it, and DS has his preferred cookies at his party today.

I really hate asking him to do anything anymore, because of how ridiculous he gets about throwing things back in my face. But I needed help, and he was the one who could provide it with minimal effort. I had no expectations he would actually do it, but I'm willing to just be grateful for today that he did.