100 Happy Days, Part 3! Any Takers?

Old 12-09-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
Another reason to be grateful for my recovery. I have a friend who is going through something truly awful and horrible right now, and for the first time in my life I feel like I can be a supportive and loving friend without being overwhelmed with a need to take care and fix everything.
What a gift this is, for BOTH of you. How phenomenal!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

63 - Happy for my power sweater vest, and LOOKING like I know what I am doing at work today
Old 12-09-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It has also been a good feeling, because for YEARS nothing I ever did for STBXAH was good enough. My gratitude was never good enough. My appreciation was never good enough. To this day he STILL complains that I am ungrateful for "everything" he "did for" me. The implication is, of course, that the only way I could have shown "proper" gratitude would have been to do as he wanted and move 500 miles away from my daughters, and put up with his abuse indefinitely.

As a result of all that, and my co-dependency, I became cripplingly insecure about how I supported my friends and family. Was I doing enough? Was I doing too much? If they did something nice for me, was I "appropriately" grateful?

And this is a big, horrible, awful thing that my friend is dealing with. Much more terrible than anything STBXAH ever had to deal with. Much more heartbreaking than most of what my other friends and family have had to deal with. And you know what? I feel good about how I have reacted, and how I have supported. It has been a good lesson in trusting myself and my instincts.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

*singing* I paid the IRS debt off, I paid the IRS debt off, oh the glorious day!

And this is another financial tangle with my ex untangled.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Woo-HOO!!! IRS off your back, what a thing to celebrate!
Old 12-09-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I agree, HA! That is amazing news!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

64 - Happy for Choir concert round 2 tonight. Tuesday was the nephew - hes a freshman in HS - it was SUPER PLEASANT! He's in an all boys choir - their voices have leveled out, and they have HARMONY! Super proud after watching the last 10 years of sometimes painful concerts with this kid

Tonight is the niece's. She's in 2nd grade. The music won't give me goosebumps, or move me spiritually... but it's always funny and I'm super happy for that.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

#64 - I am so grateful to have spoiled myself so well for my upcoming bday/Christmas. Last year RAH really fell down at Christmas & remembering it must have triggered me a lot while shopping because when I went through the gifts I've purchase & pulled out "mine" there was more than I remembered. A LOT more. Of course it's all great deals, discounts & coupons but still! My favorite is a long-sleeved running shirt for winter that says, "I'm training for the Triwizard Tournament".

firebolt - those performances are the best part of the season! DD has had 2 out of 3 so far & even scored a little solo, it was awesome. They did the Welcome Christmas song from the Grinch & I swear, I felt my heart grow 3 sizes sitting there!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My favorite is a long-sleeved running shirt for winter that says, "I'm training for the Triwizard Tournament".
Hey, based on that little anecdote about your Black Friday smackdown, I think you are OUT of training and and full-fledged READY TO GO in that Triwizard Tournament!!
Old 12-10-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Grateful for a spell of warmish weather.
Grateful for the last session of my writing workshop. It's given my work new focus.
Grateful for chocolate milk.
Grateful for a free energy healing night at the local reiki center. DS and I had a great time. He wants to go back for the next one and it cured the PMS headache I'd had for 3 days.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Smackdown, ha!!!

Grateful for a free energy healing night at the local reiki center. DS and I had a great time. He wants to go back for the next one and it cured the PMS headache I'd had for 3 days
YAY!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

All 100 of my happy days this year are owed to the Hamilton Broadway Musical Cast Album. If anyone's in need of a bolt of inspiration and are predisposed to enjoy musical theatre (and really...even if you're not) I highly recommend giving it a listen. Free on Spotify and Amazon Prime Music.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
64 - Happy for Choir concert round 2 tonight.
Firebolt, I remember last year about this time the gals at a coffee shop I delivered to for the bakery I worked at gave me 2 tickets for their church's Christmas production (coffee shop associated w/church/school complex, shop named "Holy Grounds", hee hee). I thought it was a sweet gesture and so I packed up XAH and myself for the 1 PM performance on Christmas Eve.

It was nice, a lot of singing and a lot of audience participation in a big church w/beautiful windows. The guy next to me was really into the singing and had a great voice, so that was cool! I totally enjoyed the vibe of it, enjoyed all the happy faces, just had a lovely hour and a half that afternoon and left w/a warm and grateful heart.

Thanks for reminding me of that! Hope tonight's event is a lulu too.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful (again) for having a steady route w/a regular start time. I'm able to plan meals much better and have eaten both deliciously and healthily all this week!

On Monday, I made a big bucket of kale salad b/c kale is so sturdy and am taking a serving of that every day. I've also made ingredients for simple one-serving soups which is working GREAT!

Yesterday, for instance, I threw some roasted cauliflower and some cooked green beans in my thermos, put in some coconut milk (the heavy kind), then enough water to fill the thermos up. I dumped that into the blender and whirled it up but left chunks b/c I like it that way. Then I heated it on the stove and added curry seasoning to taste. Then back into the thermos till time for dinner at work! I opened it up, added the cashews I'd brought along, and had a really, really tasty supper that was cheap and healthy to boot.

I guess I should also add that I'm grateful for my Blend-Tec blender and the nice Thermos bottles I bought recently--good equipment and tools make a difference~!
Old 12-11-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

#63 Still high on that IRS payment

#64 Last afternoon, I felt like getting a bit sick, my throat was getting sore and I was feeling cold having chills. So I got the Alka Seltzer, some Ricola throat drops, and this morning I am feeling better. And I am grateful that the sore throat is almost gone. So, this weekend, I'll take it easy.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
My favorite is a long-sleeved running shirt for winter that says, "I'm training for the Triwizard Tournament".
FS, can you please message me the link to that shirt? I am a freakish fan of Harry Potter...between reading the book series and listening to the audio books, I have been through the series at least 40 times.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Grateful for The Polar Express and reconnecting with people from the past. Who knows what the future holds-exciting God is so good!
Old 12-11-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 65 - thankful for FRIDAY, and a day of cast n' blast this weekend.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
FS, can you please message me the link to that shirt? I am a freakish fan of Harry Potter...between reading the book series and listening to the audio books, I have been through the series at least 40 times.
Soul-Sister! I am a HP junkie!

I got it at Walmart, of all places. On the clearance rack for about $7:
Harry Potter Juniors Long Sleeve Performance Graphic Tee - Walmart.com

#65 - So happy that my doc is lowering my thyroid meds again.... I am now on the lowest dose I have ever been prescribed. I love all the side-effects of getting healthy!
Old 12-11-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Day 65 - thankful for FRIDAY, and a day of cast n' blast this weekend.
Don't know what that is, but it sure sounds like something good! Do tell--there have to be others besides me who are burning to know?