Strange Behavior

Old 08-06-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm thinking I will call in a well check if I can't get in touch with him tmrw. It's not unusual for the kids and I to go several weeks without hearing from him. Those strange calls and texts have me concerned though.

Last year at this time he was in horrible shape too. Ended up in the ER.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I wouldn't expect you to go yourself given the distance and other circumstances, but does anyone from his family live nearby? I know they're estranged, but they might be up for a quick check.
The thing is, does being delusional make you a danger to yourself? He might be managing ok, in the sense of not being in immediate danger, but you don't know.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

He actually sounded pretty happy in his delusional state or whatever it is.

His phone is going straight to VM which is typical in his heavy drinking phases.

Both of our families are very far away. I'm really not sure how concerned I should be. Falls have landed him in the ER before. Seizures worry me too.

One time I found him passed out in his car, car running, garage door closed. We didn't live together but still owned our house. It was one of those freaky coincidences that I stopped by the house at that time.