Need a bit if help

Old 03-26-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by maybear View Post
I am not going to get him private health insurance, I would have to pay and I can't afford it. Besides, I think he should take responsibility for his own health at the present time
Hi maybear, I didn't realise he wasn't on your family private insurance already. Even if you put him on now, I'm pretty sure you'd come up against a waiting period for pre-existing illnesses, so his best bet is to go public anyway.

Didn't like you 'prying'! That absolutely infuriates me considering how he's behaved and certainly gives you no hope for him trying to recover.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi FeelingGreat! Yeah, he would be up for an 8 week waiting period, his friend says he will look after him until then.

He didn't like the friend prying (as in, trying to help). It definitely doesn't give me much hope.

I've been feeling really upset about this friend today, I think if he keeps at me I am going to block him. I've had it.

Meanwhile, my daughter has just started crawling properly so I am run off my feet and have no time for the drama of it all!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Right, I was thinking the public option was the 8 weeks.

His friend sounds like he means well, but if he's putting too much pressure on you, do what you have to as you're coping as best you can.

Super cute that she's crawling. You're right about having a lot on your plate now! Hauling her out of trouble is a full time occupation.

My son first started crawling in the shearing shed, at smoko. One of the shearers put his red Marlboro packet on the floor, and off my baby went to it. Thank goodness it wasn't an omen as he doesn't smoke today.