Let it go, Let it go, Let it go

Old 02-13-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

He's not the problem, it's your feelings about him, your anger at him.. Hey, I hate my ex recovering alcoholic business partner too, although fortunately I've made sure our paths will never cross again in this lifetime.

For me resentment is the worst of all feelings, it feels like I've poured acid in my gut. So I've learned how to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

1) I ask, "what's my part in this?" My part in the disastrous relationship was that I picked him! I knew I was picking a lemon and I went ahead anyway. Then I stayed. So I'm no victim and I must make sure never to make the mistake again. Somehow just owning my own part quickly lessons the resentment.

2). Here's something that really works but is pure hell to do. Pray for him every day for three weeks. Pray for his health, happiness, wealth, well-being and that he gets everything he wants in life. I PROMISE that your resentment will disappear.

I also suggest knowing what you're going to say when you run into him. I suggest showing indifference, brushing him off, you're so busy, etc. If he calls, put him on hold and forget he's there.

Here you have real power -- you can let him live rent-free in your head or really dump the ass.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
He's not the problem, it's your feelings about him, your anger at him.. Hey, I hate my ex recovering alcoholic business partner too, although fortunately I've made sure our paths will never cross again in this lifetime.

For me resentment is the worst of all feelings, it feels like I've poured acid in my gut. So I've learned how to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

1) I ask, "what's my part in this?" My part in the disastrous relationship was that I picked him! I knew I was picking a lemon and I went ahead anyway. Then I stayed. So I'm no victim and I must make sure never to make the mistake again. Somehow just owning my own part quickly lessons the resentment.

2). Here's something that really works but is pure hell to do. Pray for him every day for three weeks. Pray for his health, happiness, wealth, well-being and that he gets everything he wants in life. I PROMISE that your resentment will disappear.

I also suggest knowing what you're going to say when you run into him. I suggest showing indifference, brushing him off, you're so busy, etc. If he calls, put him on hold and forget he's there.

Here you have real power -- you can let him live rent-free in your head or really dump the ass.
Yep. He had a history of issues in the workplace. Not to the extent I experienced. I didn't know I was picking lemon - I thought since he was running his own business he would be a good "employee" for himself; therefore, a good "partner" for me. He being terminally unique, and me being a special snowflake and all. I only looked at the good things about him and not the potential problems. I really didn't know, nor did I see the signs that his recreational drug use and drinking had escalated to full blown addict. RAH saw it very early in. 4 months in I knew he was a lemon. Bad business decisions are good lessons, I did learn from this. Sunk Costs.

Ok I'll try praying for him too many people have mentioned it.

Dump the ass yeah….and thank you for mentioning about a plan if I run into him. Hadn't thought about that. Indifference and nod of the head move along.

Thank you good advice.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Ok yeah, yeah, pray for him and all that, but in the mean time I have a business proposition for you...

As you know I'm in the market for a new line of work where I can better express myself creatively. You, on the other hand, are in the market for some, shall we say, "manufactured karma". Well they don't call me Serious Karma for nothing.

I propose you hire me (Minimum wage will do. I expect to get plenty references out of this one.) to hang around outside the door of his business. I'm thinking something along the lines of Betty Davis in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane. Muttering under my breath "Great place, great salon."

I do crazy real well.

If he doesn't go out of business, at least he'll move locations.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
Ok yeah, yeah, pray for him and all that, but in the mean time I have a business proposition for you...

As you know I'm in the market for a new line of work where I can better express myself creatively. You, on the other hand, are in the market for some, shall we say, "manufactured karma". Well they don't call me Serious Karma for nothing.

I propose you hire me (Minimum wage will do. I expect to get plenty references out of this one.) to hang around outside the door of his business. I'm thinking something along the lines of Betty Davis in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane. Muttering under my breath "Great place, great salon."

I do crazy real well.

If he doesn't go out of business, at least he'll move locations.
You're hired.

I'll put you up at the Four Seasons, and you can have a month at my beach house after. All part of your sign on bonus.

Thanks for the laugh - which is priceless
Old 02-14-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Now THAT sounds like a plan!

I love creative thinking.