Huge anxiety

Old 02-08-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Ok so you went out and got drunk, don't worry I'm sure your family members colleagues have done it and will do again.

Drink for me makes my emotions come front and centre, I'm not a big drinker haven't been since I was in my very early 20's but the last few occasions ive had a drink ive thought oh my I made a fool of myself getting all upset over him again!! The next day I would feel so bad, upset and low, I've posted about it. For me personally I've decided to not drink again until I get my emotions in check.

As for him ignoring you I get how that makes you feel, it's a horrible hurtful feeling but one thing I've been told is that he ignores you and shuts you out as he doesn't want to face you and deal with how he has treated you or with his own feelings and emotions so better to ignore. Hard to accept I know but it's a reflection on him not you sweetie.

Please be gentle on your self (((((((hugs))))))))
Old 02-09-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jane.....I just read a post that you made to another person on a different thread.
I just want to say that you sound much better. Certainly a LOT better than several days ago!
You seem to be absorbing at the "brain" level....but, I know it is still to soon to be feeling it at the emotional level. That is going to take time and a williness to put up with the
short-term pain to get to the long-term gain...lol.

I can see a spark in you that tells me that you will come out strong if you continue your reading and learning....and dig deep into your therapy. That is the ticket.

I'm just saying.....

dandylion
Old 02-09-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dandylion, thank you for your kinds words and thank you to ALL of you that have read and responded to my ramblings.
I think daily what an actual life saver this place is, how I don't know if I would have even coped this far without everyone here who has not only posted to me personally but to others and I have been able to read and absord that information too. As well as the valuable information in the stickies.

I am trying so so hard to be strong. Sometimes I feel a little ok, other times I just want to curl up and cry- but this is part of the course as I've read. Everything reminds me of him, I still feel sick about it all but am trying to motivate myself to be busy with my day, especially when I am alone as otherwise I just sit and think- and right now that is a recipe for disaster!

This place and the people here are truly amazing, and it is what is keeping me going right now so thank you to each and every one of you x