Telling our son tomorrow....AH is already baiting me

Old 01-04-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How'd it go today Liz? ((((hugs))))
Old 01-04-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
How'd it go today Liz? ((((hugs))))
We're waiting until after dinner and until our son finishes his math homework that he forgot was due tomorrow, LOL. Got a lot of butterflies going but I know it's the best thing for all of us.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

We told him. It was quick, but not painless. He said he sort of expected it. His tics (from his Tourette's Syndrome) have increased so I know he is stressed and feeling emotional. I'm giving him space for now and will just let things flow and we'll see how he processes everything going forward.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Had a follow up conversation with our son today. He said, "I was expecting this like a year ago. I kept wondering...when's mom going to do something about this. I love dad, mom, I do, but...." and he went on to talk a bit about his dad and their relationship; the good, bad, etc.

He's such a great kid and is really trying to be understanding and supportive and he even said, "hey this is between you guys even though I have to feel the consequences too."

So very blessed to have him in my life. I'll be working hard now to stay on my side of the street and to keep our son out of the problems that come from divorcing an alcoholic. Lots of things up in the air but I already have my realtor friend looking for rentals for me.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm glad it went well. And it's no surprise that he sort of knew it was coming, is it? There's one good part about divorcing when the kids are bigger -- even if their emotions are all over the place, at least they have a bit more reasoning ability to balance it out.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I'm glad it went well. And it's no surprise that he sort of knew it was coming, is it? There's one good part about divorcing when the kids are bigger -- even if their emotions are all over the place, at least they have a bit more reasoning ability to balance it out.
Yeah, me too. Now, if I could just get AH to answer me on some stuff we need to work through, I could feel like I'm actually moving forward. This is NOT going to be easy.