Help, need advice please.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No I don't really have anybody to turn to they don't understand how frustrating it is to wake up every morning with another dig from him. As he presents really well to others. I do.ignore him most of the time but I still have to read the **** he spouts at me. Rarely he will tip me over the edge. I feel.like he's punishing me. Thanks for all the advice...I shall follow it. Xx
Old 11-22-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dodge,

We do understand your frustration here. I think most of us here have gone through one thing or the other. With me, I couldn't talk to my family about things. They absolutely loved him. He was always able to put on a "good face" for them, then we would go home and it was like I didn't even know who he was. His whole personality changed.

Just want you to know that you can talk about anything here. I'm not good with legal stuff, (Lexie is), I just want you to know that you are not alone.

((((((((hugs)))))))
amy
Old 11-23-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

He just so persistent! I'd have thought he'd have got the hint by now that I don't want a relationship with him.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Do you live in different countries? How is it that he gets free legal advice and you don't?
Old 11-23-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes. We do live in different countries.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Dodge31 View Post
He just so persistent! I'd have thought he'd have got the hint by now that I don't want a relationship with him.
He doesn't CARE what you want--he CARES about what HE wants.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you for all you advice and kind words. I had a ring round today but as its a Sunday everywhere was closed. But I shall be on this first thing tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

If you are in separate countries, I think you are in a much better position.

Has his paternity been proved? (Is he on the birth certificate, or has there been a DNA test?) Were you ever married to him? All these things are (legal) parts of the story.

He's trying to control you from another country. Just don't answer him at all.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm assuming (correct me if I'm wrong) that he's in another UK country? If he's in a totally different country (e.g., France, Republic of Ireland) that does complicate things a lot more--all the more reason to get a solicitor for yourself.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yes he's on the birth certificate. But I don't think that gives him instant right to contact. Nope never married him.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, it doesn't necessarily give him "instant right to contact" but the problem is this. In the U.S. (the law may be different in the UK), without a court order, one parent doesn't automatically have rights over the other. IOW, if he should take the child and refuse to return him, he probably would not be breaking the law unless he was concealing the child's location. That's why it's important to go to court and get some kind of order that gives you rights and limits his, so far as custody goes.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm sure in the UK that parental rights isn't the same all it gives him is a say in the child's upbringing such as schooling etc. And it means he has a responsibility to pay towards upkeep. Contact with the child is a different matter. Even tho his name is on the birth certificate.