Feeling numb

Old 11-23-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling numb

So--it's been pretty much quiet between me and my AH since we returned from a trip at the beginning of this month.

I've seen a therapist and also consulted two attorneys, who pretty much told me what I'd suspected--things would mostly get split between us, and I wouldn't end up in too bad of shape, since there's no custody to fight over, etc.

I'm trying to wait until after the holidays to make any moves. We still live together and maintain the house as always, but go our own way otherwise. He still drinks 2-4 nights a week.

I'm finding myself, like someone else here mentioned, less inclined to put up with any offensive behaviors in others while detaching even more from my AH. I've also gone NC with my best friend who is a prescription drug addict, and have been refusing to accept bad behavior from a niece who has been cruel to her adult daughter! I wasn't ever very codependent before, but now I have no patience for any of it, LOL!

Haven't gotten to an Al-Anon meeting yet--I really want to, but I have a strange work schedule and can't find one at a good time.

Just thought I'd check in. I've been reading daily and getting strength from all the good advice. Still just not sure which way to go--but I don't have to decide right now.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You sound really good! Thanks for checking in. It sounds like you are taking really good care of yourself and getting good advice and help from the pros.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sound so strong & self-assured, how AWESOME!