Finally filed today

Old 11-17-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and sending all my love, strength, and healing thoughts your way....xoxo

Old 11-17-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

biminiblue....I have got to give you a great big THANK YOU for posting the Joss Stone song!!!!!!!!!

I have never heard her before...

When I listened....this song took me to my knees. Her soulful style cuts straight to the heart.

The song could have been my anthem at several points in my life.
I have been that song.....

I encourage everyone to listen to it!! With a fresh kleenex, when you do. LOL!

(I am going to listen to all the rest of her material).

dandylion
Old 11-17-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That song is meant to be cranked up on headphones and listened to at least twice

At least, that's how I do it 'round here. I have cried some tears with that song, now.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Is that not one of the greatest screams in the rock'n'roll world? I LIVE for that scream whenever that song comes on!
Uh.... yeah!

That IS the greatest scream in the rock'n'roll world.

I homeschool my daughter, and spent a whole week teaching her about that scream when she was around 11 years old. "Now darling, Mommy is going to play you a piece of music that holds within it the culmination of all human emotions, both good and bad, since the dawn of time. There has been no other scream since, in music or anywhere else, that has come close. Play close attention. There will be a test. And yes, Mommy did see them in concert."

Honeypig. I "roomed" with my husband for a few months, and frankly, it was fine. Not great, but fine. He did cross the boundary of drinking, and had to leave, but other than that it really wasn't bad. In fact, in some ways our expectations of one another were better than when we were "together". Probably because we had had a more mature conversation about that living arraignment than the original one that led to our marriage.

Good luck hon.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

THAT Scream

Welp ~

I've been married once for 37 years now, and can offer only my sincere wishes for finding Inner Peace. I don't feel qualified to make other Comments.

This last performance by Keith Moon was in front of ~250 lucky Fans at the cavernous Shepperton Film Studios in the U.K.

Written in March Time @ 128 beats on the Metronome, it absolutely is an Anthem. Defines R&R. The day that Roger Daltrey is again available, I suspect I would immediately become Single.

'Won't Get Fooled Again' ~ The Who ~ 1978

-----
Old 11-17-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

HP -- Well, you sure put in your dues.

Your time, now.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Honeypig, and praying for you to have peace and serenity as you move forward. I'm sure it might be a bit stressful still living in the same house, too. You are a strong lady and I am sending all kinds of positive vibes your way!!! HUGS!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sending you a giant comforting hug, honeypig!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning and a giant THANK YOU to all. It's a balmy 10 degrees w/a wind chill of 10 below, and I'm off to the bread. Regardless of how dark and cold it is right now, I have a tropical beach in my heart from everyone's wishes and support!

I'm asking my HP to keep me on track today and keep moving me ahead, one step at a time.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I say PTL that he had nothing to say and hallelujah!!! Signed the papers, STFU, yes - it sounds like a good day to me.

Congrats on a move toward a healthy future.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best on your new journey!!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Honeypig! I don't have magic words of wisdom...just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Honeypig,
So happy that you were able to take the next step in your life.
As an aside, I filed two weeks ago, spoke to my STBXAH, yesterday and he told me that he has not been served yet. So, I called the paralegal that drafted the paperwork and filed for me, and he told me that he "forgot to serve my husband." Argh. Anyway, it is a always wise to follow up on every step until the process is completed.
Best wishes on your journey.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I had to pull up that song and ended up listening to The Who for the rest of my work day yesterday. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hugs Honeypig!!! That is a huge step!!!

I know for me when I filed, I was happy, sad, excited and nervous all rolled into one. I was a basket of nerves yet for the first time in a long time I just felt in my gut that it was right. My ExAH kept on hiding it and lying too. I finally had to just follow through with it. Even now that we are divorced nothing has changed.

I pray it's an easy process for you. I just wanted you to know you are not alone. Hang in there. There will be good days and bad but eventually there will be more good than bad. Hugs to you.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great post, honeypig. Congratulations on the changes you made and the courage to carry them out. All the best to you!