Should I have waited a little longer to leave?

Old 11-06-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can relate to a lot of what you are saying maia, mine was exactly the same way and you are right it is absolutely draining. It's horrible. I moved July 29th. August September and early October were not good. I had some really dark moments, but I am feeling better and its not nearly as horrible or draining as it was.

Keep on your path and you do sound strong. In fact, you ARE strong. What you are doing is very brave. It's hard to leave!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
they feel like failures at life if their marriage falls apart (that's one that I don't personally think I'll ever understand), so they will continue to throw themselves under the bus for the sake of saving a dysfunctional relationship.
Now, see, that's something that - sadly - I do understand. I'm working through that muddled mess of emotional mind f**kery in therapy right now. Raised by a controlling, perfectionist father and a it's-never-good-enough critical, emotionally abusive mother, along with a side of middle child syndrome, I had/felt alot of pressure to be perfect, or it/I wasn't good enough. If I failed at something, it was because I wasn't good enough... and I *had* to fix it. That's how I interpreted pretty much everything - from homework to friendships. If it didn't work, it was because I had done something wrong.