Bedwetting

Old 08-09-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

AM borrowed some furniture from me that my dad had bought as my first housewarming gift. The only things that I took back were the tables that went with the set. Anything she peed on were hers. No way I wanted those couches back.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Geez Tansy, is all of that from drinking?? The guy needs diapers. Does the incontinence stop when the drinking stops?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
rofl
if only it was that simple : ) its to long to explain but thanks for your post as i used to say things like that when i would see others in a mess with booze
if ever i got that bad i would do something about it

sadly i didnt and it only got worse bed wetting is a luxary if you dont have a bed to wet : )
Not bc of bedwetting but bc of many other drunken escipades, i did do something about it. Kicked his a$$ out and got a much deserved divorce. Now he can do what he wants, fine by me!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

This thread certainly makes you think twice about used furniture.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Catherine628 View Post
This thread certainly makes you think twice about used furniture.
LOL.... that it does!!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 53500 View Post
Geez Tansy, is all of that from drinking?? The guy needs diapers. Does the incontinence stop when the drinking stops?
No idea, he's never stopped to find out but in hospital he didn't pee the bed so I imagine it is a what goes in must come out senario.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Reading this thread, it is absolutely horrific the damage alcohol causes, the above shouldn't be an unattainable aspiration, it should be a given right in any relationship!!
I must admit I realised my expectations were low when I thought one who doesn't pee the bed would do.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

just an idea to throw open to you all
but it seems to me many feel really hard done by because they got peed on by there ex partners

if i have read it right some have even divorced over it and sued there partner for everything they can get out of it ?

so my suggestion is this
why don you start a wet bed abuse hotline or something ? then you can share your experiences and how to make sure the sufferers know exactly how to sue there partners for everything etc ?

you never know you could be pioneers for wet bed abuse victims everywhere : ) ?

ps
i am joking here : )
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

desypete, I see you have an "attack the argument not the person" sign so I'll try to do that: I for one do not appreciate the "argument" or "joke" in your post.

These forums are open to all but it always makes me uncomfortable and dare I say angry when a RAH (may I assume?) comes onto the friends and family forum and proceeds to minimize or "joke" about any issue discussed here. I got enough of that in my 20-year marriage to an alcoholic, thanks.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Santa View Post
desypete, I see you have an "attack the argument not the person" sign so I'll try to do that: I for one do not appreciate the "argument" or "joke" in your post.

These forums are open to all but it always makes me uncomfortable and dare I say angry when a RAH (may I assume?) comes onto the friends and family forum and proceeds to minimize or "joke" about any issue discussed here. I got enough of that in my 20-year marriage to an alcoholic, thanks.
sorry i do try to see the funny side in life when i can

this thread made me laugh at me and how i used to pee the bed, i dont like others trying to drag other people down who have peed the bed as its quite embarrassing really or dont you even think about that ?

for me i am over that embarrassment so your posts dont really affect me in the way they would of years ago
i might of read those remarks and gone out and drank again because i would feel so ashamed of myself for peeing the bed

so i feel i needed to lighten the thread up just in case there might be others who have done it and feel so ashamed like new comers would
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Santa View Post

this thread made me laugh at me and how i used to pee the bed, i dont like others trying to drag other people down who have peed the bed as its quite embarrassing really or dont you even think about that ?

for me i am over that embarrassment so your posts dont really affect me in the way they would of years ago
as years ago i might of read those remarks and gone out and drank again because i would feel so ashamed of myself for peeing the bed

so i feel i needed to lighten the thread up just in case there might be others who have done it and feel so ashamed like new comers would
Old 08-10-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

No cos if it was that embarrassing you wouldn't drink enough to pee the bed. Simples. Peeing the bed destroyed my marriage. I'm not suing anyone. The bed peer is getting a paid off house out of our divorce. Doesn't alter the fact tho that his refusal to regulate his liquid intake destroy intimacy between us and he never felt ashamed enough to change his ways. He even peed hotel beds and beds of friends. That was embarrassing for me. It was also embarrassing when people found out that we slept in separate beds and when people remarked on the pee smells around the place and when the rubbish collectors came for a double pee stained mattress for the 4th time in 6 months so and he blaming a child for it and you see them looking like yeah......so embarrassment cuts both ways ( maybe..in his case I'd say not) but the different is I had no control over it...He did. Well you asked.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

for me i am over that embarrassment so your posts dont really affect me in the way they would of years ago as years ago i might of read those remarks and gone out and drank again
Uh-huh. Okay. Welcome to the friends and family forum.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tansy View Post
No cos if it as that embarrassing you wouldn't drink enough to pee the bed. Simples. Peeing the bed destroyed my marriage. I'm not suing anyone. The bed peer is getting a paid off house out of our divorce. Doesn't alter the fact tho that his refusal to regulate his liquid intake destroy intimacy between us and he never felt ashamed enough to change his ways. He even peed hotel beds and beds of friends. That was embarrassing for me. It was also embarrassing when people fiound out that we slept in separate beds and when people remarked on the pee smells around the place and when the rubbish collectors came for a double pee stained mattress for the 4th time in 6 months so and he blaming a child for it and you see them looking like yeah......so embarrassment cuts both ways ( maybe..in his case I'd say not) but the different is I had no control over it...He did. Well you asked.
i honestly feel sorry for you if all you can moan about in life is a partner wetting the bed

a little about me
i am an alcoholic who did wet the bed, i was married to a wife who was an alcoholic who also wet the bed from time to time

life went down hill for the both of us we even lost our 2 smallest kid to social services
i lost my business and money the lot and ended up in flat on my own while my ex wife found another drunk to live with who had money to keep her drinking
i got into aa and sobered up, i got a job, i rebuilt my life, i got my 2 younest kids out of care and became a single parent dad and my older kids moved in with me as well as i was now a sober man

sadly 2 years ago my 16 year old son died from stomach cancer i had no one least of all my ex wife who was to drunk to even be around my son

i looked after my son he died at home with me there with him right up till the end again with no money as i had to quit work to look after him
so at least i got something right in my life

now if you want to moan your life away over a peed bed that up to you but maybe you should look at just how lucky you really are in this life
do you think you could cope with cancer and dying from it ? would you then wish all you had to complain about was a wet bed
because i tell you this much
if you had cancer and was dying you certainly wouldn't care less about a wet bed or worse if it was one of your own kids
not everyone gets out of drunken relationships with a home or money some end up with nothing
i had a wet mattress for my bed back then and i am grateful i came out of that pit and have been able to turn my life around
do i hate my ex ? no i feel sorry for her there is nothing i can do to help her out of her own mess so i leave her be and hope one day she can find her way out
my kids dont have a mum anymore as they dont have anything to do with her and that makes me sad but then she doesnt do anything for the kids either as its all about her and her pain

so really is starting a thread up were you can try to pour guilt on others about wet beds really help anyone other than yourself trying to vent off even more hate or anger you might have for your ex partners ?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

so really is starting a thread up were you can try to pour guilt on others about wet beds really help anyone other than yourself trying to vent off even more hate or anger you might have for your ex partners ?
Threads within the Family/Friends section of the Forum provide support for those looking in on addiction desypete, they're not posted in the alcoholics section of the Forum, it's no different from threads started in other parts of the Forum, there are many threads in the alcoholism sections that talk about all the things done under the influence, and that could be viewed out of context also by non alcoholics!!

If we can't handle some of the stories from Friends/Family members who need support in their hour of need then it might be time to remain on the other side of the fence, in other parts of the Forum!!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

i honestly feel sorry for you if all you can moan about in life is a partner wetting the bed

a little about me
i am an alcoholic who did wet the bed, i was married to a wife who was an alcoholic who also wet the bed from time to time

life went down hill for the both of us we even lost our 2 smallest kid to social services
i lost my business and money the lot and ended up in flat on my own while my ex wife found another drunk to live with who had money to keep her drinking
i got into aa and sobered up, i got a job, i rebuilt my life, i got my 2 younest kids out of care and became a single parent dad and my older kids moved in with me as well as i was now a sober man

sadly 2 years ago my 16 year old son died from stomach cancer i had no one least of all my ex wife who was to drunk to even be around my son

i looked after my son he died at home with me there with him right up till the end again with no money as i had to quit work to look after him
so at least i got something right in my life

now if you want to moan your life away over a peed bed that up to you but maybe you should look at just how lucky you really are in this life
do you think you could cope with cancer and dying from it ? would you then wish all you had to complain about was a wet bed
because i tell you this much
if you had cancer and was dying you certainly wouldn't care less about a wet bed or worse if it was one of your own kids
not everyone gets out of drunken relationships with a home or money some end up with nothing
i had a wet mattress for my bed back then and i am grateful i came out of that pit and have been able to turn my life around
do i hate my ex ? no i feel sorry for her there is nothing i can do to help her out of her own mess so i leave her be and hope one day she can find her way out
my kids dont have a mum anymore as they dont have anything to do with her and that makes me sad but then she doesnt do anything for the kids either as its all about her and her pain

You know NOTHING about me or my life. Don't assume a wet bed is my only thing to "moan about". I could give you a very long list but I won't. You are sounding like my exah and I ain't arguing with him so I certainly aren't starting it with you. I don't hate my ex. I don't hate anyone.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

what support is this thread offering anyone? . . . sadly trying to humiliate new comers who might be wetting the bed because of there drink problem isnt very helpful to anyone
Newcomers will be in the "Newcomer" section, alcoholics will be in the "Alcoholism" section, this is the "Friends and Family" section!!

The thread needs to be judged from the perspective of a family member or friend of an alcoholic, and as there are over 50 posts/replies to it, it is clear that many have taken the time to reply.

Sometimes just passing the time replying to a thread can give 10mins of rest bite from our situation in real life, it's the same all over the forum, it's not all about problem solving and advice, but simply passing time in a community that understands!!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

You might want to change your approach then, as everyone on SR is dealing with different things and coming at things with different perspectives!!

Posts need to be tailored to the audience we are addressing to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment for all!!

If I always had my "alcoholic" hat on it wouldn't work very well talking to those affected or looking in on alcoholism, and vice versa, when I have my "son of an alcoholic" hat on, that wouldn't be a great starting point either for giving advice over in the alcoholism section of the Forum!!

Just my 2 cents desypete!!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Well this got interesting. I've no doubt peeing the bed is a huge embarrassment. My original question was clean it myself and save the mattress or let him deal with it.

Its so helpful to know others have been in this situation.

Living with addiction is awful. Bedwetting is just one aspect in a much larger problem.

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

There was no "idea" about this thread desypete. The OP was upset and shared her feelings. We try not to evaluate feelings on this forum and determine if they are valid or not.
You have not only evaluated feelings, but appointed yourself judge and jury of who has more right to "moan" about life than others. From your experience in AA, you should instinctively know that is not right.
You should also know from AA that a lot of AA'ers won't share at a meeting if it's an open night and non AA's are there.
Someone took the risk of sharing about something that bothers her and you decided to make a joke about it: you know perfectly well that would not go down well at an open AA meeting. why are you doing it here?