moment of weakness :*(

Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thisgirl81 View Post
I totally understand where you are coming from. I actually deactivated my facebook for the first time ever. I felt that I had to do this because it was keeping me stuck in this hell and I was obsessing. I have also come to realize that As (at least my A) don't even have the ability to have feelings like we do. Be glad that you have feelings and that you aren't numbed down like him and be thankful that he is out of your life. They are selfish and want what is most convenient-it's not really about love for them, it's about them trying to fill a void or using someone to get something. It's really a sad existence. I'm sorry for your loss, that must be terrible, especially when the person you love isn't there for you (I know what that is like). Keep working on yourself and good things will come, it may not be easy, but in the long run, you will be happy he is gone.
dealing with all this became a bit easier when i realized/learn that he is an alcoholic and not capable of well, anything really. Its going to be a long process but i am on the right path for sure.
Losing a pregnancy is sad, but I am so very glad I do not have to have a child with this man.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think in this case the internet is a curse. It's so easy to keep track of people now. I mean in some ways it's great. I do agree to continue to go back to his page will not let you move on. As an alcoholic, I didn't ever think of other people. It was how I could do what I wanted to do. I have a friend who was worried her boyfriend was cheating. My thinking was that if she was worried ask. She had a friend look at his profile. And then she obsessed about looking at his profile and when he was on. In the end he had seen this other person. You deserve someone that cares about you and doesn't have to hide behind being condescending and cruel. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomthern View Post
I think in this case the internet is a curse. It's so easy to keep track of people now. I mean in some ways it's great. I do agree to continue to go back to his page will not let you move on. As an alcoholic, I didn't ever think of other people. It was how I could do what I wanted to do. I have a friend who was worried her boyfriend was cheating. My thinking was that if she was worried ask. She had a friend look at his profile. And then she obsessed about looking at his profile and when he was on. In the end he had seen this other person. You deserve someone that cares about you and doesn't have to hide behind being condescending and cruel. Anyway just my 2 cents.
oh i do not plan on looking ever again. Facebook puts a 48 hour hold before you can block someone again and I immediately blocked him as soon as the time was up!! I did NOT like how it affected me. One look at his picture as i blocked him and i shuddered with disgust. And I do not have to worry about him contacting me because there is absolutely nothing he could use me for.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well that's a good thing.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Obsession is one of the hardest things to break IMO. I've had that overwhelming Need too and I always explained it as having a second person inside you that absolutely must do whatever it is and the first person has no choice. I had access to my xabfs FB and it was torture. The opportunity to check up on him, to see what he was saying about me to other people and how he was acting was too much for me to walk away from. And, what happened to me after I'd found out all these things? I got hurt. If I hadn't been in there I wouldn't have known he'd slept with another woman. While that turned out to be a blessing since it made me stop seeing him, the pain that has followed since is taking a while to get through.

But, all it really did was keep me tied to him. His world, his life, his whereabouts. The focus went on him and her, wondering about things that just shouldn't matter.

Im thankful he changed his password for whatever reason. I needed that to happen for me to stop. There are angels looking out for you, too.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by NorthofWest View Post
And, I haven't told anyone this but since losing the pregnancy i feel like i have a guardian angel now. There's been little things here and there that have made me think that there's someone looking out for me. I can't explain it really .....but I guess I felt it tonight, which prompted me to look. I know it sounds crazy...
Not crazy at all. You are a mom, and no one can take that away from you
Old 05-25-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by itsmylifenow View Post
Obsession is one of the hardest things to break IMO. I've had that overwhelming Need too and I always explained it as having a second person inside you that absolutely must do whatever it is and the first person has no choice. I had access to my xabfs FB and it was torture. The opportunity to check up on him, to see what he was saying about me to other people and how he was acting was too much for me to walk away from. And, what happened to me after I'd found out all these things? I got hurt. If I hadn't been in there I wouldn't have known he'd slept with another woman. While that turned out to be a blessing since it made me stop seeing him, the pain that has followed since is taking a while to get through.

But, all it really did was keep me tied to him. His world, his life, his whereabouts. The focus went on him and her, wondering about things that just shouldn't matter.

Im thankful he changed his password for whatever reason. I needed that to happen for me to stop. There are angels looking out for you, too.
i think thats my problem-i spent all these months focusing on HIM that I wasn't taking care of me. Now it's like its all catching up to me.