Watching Forest Gump tonight

Old 04-19-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Amy,

I do not know your whole wedding/son situation, but I would not put my parent's names on a wedding invitation. Over a certain age, it is kind of silly to me to have your parents listed. It is not a slam on the parents. The only exception I would make is if a parent paid for the wedding. Then, it is a different situation as the person paying is the host, thus on the invitation.

Just my take.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Amy so glad to hear that yesterday went well for you.

My confusion then about the other thread I thought you were invited to the wedding just not on invite.

I still think your son's email was one of the most heart felt, sincere writings I have read regarding a family problem.

I wish that his timeline were a little faster I wish this was something he could work on now. But with respect he has asked to wait until things are not as hectic for him. I believe him. I believe its important to him. There is no reason he would have written you in the first place if it wasn't.

Can't control or mom or sister, they will do as they feel. You have asked them to go - they don't want to. That's it. No more to do there.

Rejection is painful - I try to look at it as the glass half full rather than empty. The point is to repair the damage, and have a long term good relationship with your son which he wants as well. Yay!

Have a happy Easter Amy!