Wife of a HFA

Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustAGirl1971 View Post
Now, I'm jumping into conversations I wasn't part of, lol. I wouldn't be mean about it but he isn't a little boy who had an accident. Nor is he a man with a physical condition that prevents him from making it to the bathroom timely (such as stroke, paralysis, etc.) He's an adult male who was so incapacitated by the quantity of alcohol that he drank, that he was unable to control his bladder. Or, realize that it happened. Huge difference. I would leave him to clean up the sheets. Honestly? If it happened more than once or twice, I'd probably move into a spare bedroom. No way would I sleep in that!

You are so right! Well, I am really hoping it won't ever happen again, but if it does then I am not cleaning it up..and unfortunately we don't have an extra bedroom so I would have to sleep on the couch which I will do. I've been getting to the point where its hard for me to sleep in bed with him because he reeks of whiskey and it makes me want to vomit. I actually spray a little lavender spray to mask the smell. That's awful, isn't it? :o
Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jenni, How are you doing? Is he following through with trying not to drink? I am curious as to whether you have noticed any hiding of alcohol now that he has agreed to stop drinking. I had a similar situation, thought my BF had stopped, only to start finding hidden bottles everywhere. And like someone else said, he would want to go pick up pizza so he could stop and get alcohol. Once we ordered pizza, I wanted delivery and he insisted to go pick it up and suggested we get it from Tanias (a party store/pizzeria). Then when the pizza came he ate his down in the basement where I later found an empty wine bottle (hidden) and half a piece of pizza on the floor. Or he would go outside to "shovel snow", and be out there for 6 hours. Eventually he moved out due to me constantly confronting him about hiding his drinking.