Update: Got my keys and paid 1st Month's Rent!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

THANK YOU ALL!!!

I sure do appreciate all of the positvity you guys are heaping upon me right now!

It's nerve-wracking, for sure! I KNOW in my heart what I'm doing is right...but I really hate conflict, I hate hurting people, and I'm TERRIFIED of displays of anger. I'm hoping it doesn't go nearly as bad as I'm afraid of.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Remember Mellybug, if it starts turning ugly you can always just leave!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I figured I'll know the basics of what to expect once we get into the talk tonight.

I have a couple of friends aware of what's going on and I've promised to check in with them via text afterwards to let them know I'm "OK". He's not a violent person by any means...but you never know how things are going to go.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

One thing I've learned over the years you just never know when alcohol is involved.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I just wanted to shout some more support your way. GOOD FOR YOU! YOU'RE FREE! Enjoy decorating your new place, choosing to cook what you want for dinner, and eventually going to bed without any worry....and my God...without 'that' smell. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow, How exciting. Congratulations
Old 02-26-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mellybug View Post
I'm trying...it's tough!

I'm running the gauntlet of pain, anger, resentment, joy, anticipation, fear, anxiety, grief, sorrow, EXCITEMENT, wonder...constantly.

Life free of this turmoil? YES!!! Finally!!!

Life without the love I've dreamed of for the past 4 years? Ummm...yes....finally...but it was just that - a "dream". Time to wake up and face the REAL world. This man I've been flirting with the idea of being with for 4 years - the REALITY is that even though we do LOVE each other, we live in two very different worlds. I cherish the lessons that he has taught me.

The biggest of which is that I am worth MORE than this. I do not deserve to be treated this way. I must make MYSELF my biggest priority...

I'm so excited to be finally living on my own again. Instead of the fear this once used to cause me I feel nothing but happiness. I can't wait to decorate the way I want to. I can't wait to develop my own routine. I can wait to see what my days/evenings/weekends will be like. I know that once I rip this bandaid off, which will undoubtedly be very painful, I will find that the would has already started to heal and what is underneath will be brand new skin!
I am excited for you! ride out the sad moments- they will pass- and the truth will become more and more clear.... you are finally off of that merry-go-round, and now your life is your own again
You deserve happiness.