He left me without a word

Old 01-04-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Okay,so sorry you are going through this.

/
Originally Posted by suddenlysingle View Post
Earthworm, no signs of foul play, the house was locked up as usual. His car isn't anything anyone would want to steal. And I told them he's an alcoholic who'd gone on benders in the part, although not for more than 8 years.

Shorter answer, they know it because that's what I told them.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, I have wondered if it could be anything else, and I suppose there's a slight chance he didn't run off. But I can't ignore his history.

Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
Okay,so sorry you are going through this.
/
Old 01-04-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You may also look for Celebrate Recovery if you dont have Alanon, it is pretty similar!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'll join the dance troupe! A few years ago I did belly dancing (which I loved but had to stop as I kept putting my pelvis out...) and performed to a ***** cat dolls number...lol! And nearly 20 years ago I did Irish dancing and performed a number of times

Oh the ***** bit refers to a colloquialism for cat!!!

Last edited by feeling-good; 01-05-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: cat reasoning!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

My husband would leave on benders too and not come home for weeks at a time. I know the hurt that it creates. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well, I hate to be the downer here, but my mom's 2nd husband(also an alcoholic) did something similar, but he did it to commit suicide by mixing alcohol and drugs. He did leave some messages on cell phones though, so that helped lead the police to know what was probably going on.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Pixilation, I have definitely thought of that possibility too.

Today was hard because I put away the Christmas decorations. When I got to the "First Christmas" ornaments, I wanted to smash them! But I out them away instead. The wedding picture that usually sits on our mantle wasn't put back out, though!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

So sorry this is happening to you. Just praying that you get an answer soon. Can't begin to imagine the turmoil you are going through xx
Old 01-10-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Update for Everyone

thanks

On Monday, I found him...he's getting medical help and we'll see where we go from here.

He was in a motel not far from home. He had a credit card that I didn't know about and when the bill came I opened it and saw the charges. He told me he knew that I'd eventually get the information from the bill. In fact, he counted on it.

Thanks again for all of your support, advice, and kindness.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Wow! Just...wow!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm glad you finally have an answer, suddenlysingle. I can't imagine how difficult it was to have him suddenly disappear for a month P&PT for you.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

did you ever go to the therapist? what did the therapist say?

i hope you have had enough time away from him to see how sick he is...without the alcohol.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yes, I went to the therapist (through my company's EAP) and was given some coping strategies for dealing with his absence. She also recommended some steps to take when he returned.

Yesterday he and I attended a joint therapy session where I was really able to air my feelings about what he'd done and how it impacted me. We have another scheduled for next Wednesday and will continue those for a while, I'm sure. He's also seeing a psychiatrist and MD for treatment for both the alcoholism and his depression.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well, I am glad he turned up alive. That is about all I can say. I hope you do some things for you and your recovery. To just dissappear like that is a terrible thing to do to someone.

Hugs.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suddenlysingle View Post
Yes, I went to the therapist (through my company's EAP) and was given some coping strategies for dealing with his absence. She also recommended some steps to take when he returned.

Yesterday he and I attended a joint therapy session where I was really able to air my feelings about what he'd done and how it impacted me. We have another scheduled for next Wednesday and will continue those for a while, I'm sure. He's also seeing a psychiatrist and MD for treatment for both the alcoholism and his depression.
I'm glad he turned up and that you can at least have a little peace of mind knowing that he's safe now. Is he in the hospital or rehab? Might be a good idea.

I wish both of you the best. xooxo
Old 01-10-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

It's good to hear he's safe, and so happy you're getting done help too. Keep us posted!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Just wanted to send you some wishes for peace and strength. Take care of yourself. (((hugs))))
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness....I'm glad he's alive....I'm so sorry he did that to you. I agree with hopeful4, that is an absolutely terrible thing to do to someone....

Big HUGS to you...

Peace.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

SS
I am so glad you found him and that he is safe now!!!

My prayers to you both for your respective healing, however that plays out.

Stay connected to us here and don't forget that It is important to care for YOU too! We are here...

Kat
Old 01-12-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I was so worried for you, not knowing what could possibly have happened. Xah has often disappeared for a spell and I always think he's been hurt or worse.

Now I want to take your A's arms in my hands and give him a firm shaking, then kick his **s out your door and throw something at his head while he's exiting for good measure. Then I want to change your locks, protect your bank accounts, block your phone and plug your ears before someone says his name aloud.

Please tell me you are furious by now and won't let him back in. I'm not worried about him any longer. I am worried about you.