Writing down the truth so that I can face it.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Emmy, just my observation, but I am thinking you may be dealing with more than just Alcohol and Addiction issues.

Some of that stuff sounds crazy. Crazy as in Mental Illness. It is not uncommon for Alcohol and Addictions to run with and be tied into Mental Illness. Most long-term Rehab(s) -- the year or more sites -- are actually working in the Mental Illness field. Once they are dried out AND Still have a "problem" . . . they have a problem.

At any rate -- you in the here and now -- you have violence against you. You MUST leave and take the kiddo with you. Whether or not he later drys out, works a program, gets any underlying mental illness(es) treated is a whole other topic. You being with him will not cause or help him treatment faster.

But you staying there can get you hurt, the kid hurt, and him in WHOLE lot more problem.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

EmmyG-

I have been following your posts from the begining on here.

I want to thank you for the courage you have shown, always, but especially today.

You faced your greatest fears, took off the rose colored glasses and wrote it down for us all to see.

Thank you for this, reality can be hard, but it is always a gift.

I am so glad you came back, and I am sorry for where you are at, but glad you are here.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I second this. My son always wants to invite friends over to play and I just can't. Not while his dad is passed out in the bedroom.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What a brave and insightful post Emmy.

You are strong, you have a beautiful heart, you are a wonderful mom, and you still have a whole lot of life left.

Thanks for sharing all of that with us. You have nothing to be ashamed of and a whole lot to be proud of.

Sending you strong hugs and praying for your pain to ease.

Katie xo