She tried to kidnap the kids...I can't believe it!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She tried to kidnap the kids...I can't believe it!

Its the end of the month and AW is moving out of town. During the past 3 weeks, she saw our girls twice for like 10 and 15mins. Last night her Mum flew in from out of town to help her move and asked if she could see the girls. After confirming with my lawyer, I agreed. She came over with a suitcase with my 14yr old's stuff. When asked why she only brought the eldest stuff, she acted wierd, saying that she will try to get them somethings tomorrow.
Here is where stuff gets better...Yesterday, I get a call from school saying that my 8yr is complaining of a headache and they think it might be a mild cold, so I picked her up earlier. Since I wanted her to lie in bed so she could go to school for her halloween bal, I let them stay at home. At 2pm (the girls finisz school at 4pm), I get a call from school saying that my AW and grandma showed up to pick up my 10yr old and 8 yr old, saying they were in a hurry. AW has NEVER showed up in school!!! Basically, they showed up to kidnap the girls and take them out of town!!! They sent over my 14yr old's stuff because they knew they wouldnt be able to control her, so they abandoned her. 10mins later, grandma calls me casually asking if the girls were in school or at home because she wanted to takje them shopping, I played along for about 40seconds, bbut later said I knew what they were up to and hung up.
My lawyer asked me to get the school to write up the situation for our 1st court hearing in 3 weeks. I am shocked she would even think of putting the kids through this, not to mention grandma playing this stupid game...AMAZING !!!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OH MY GOD!

I personally don't believe in coincidence - your DD8's headache was her Guardian Angels' way of creating a way to keep them safe.

I don't know what to say, how absolutely terrifying for you!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stoic

This story amazes me. What kind of end-game does your AW have in mind? Why would they think that's a good idea in any way shape or form?? What does she think, that you'll be all "oh well" and let it go? Of course not, police would be involved, and the children would be traumatized from the experience.

So glad it worked out the way it did. Good job Dad.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Absolutely amazing and very scary. I am so sorry you and your wonderful children have to go through this. I agree there was an angel on all of your shoulders! Keep up the good work, they are lucky to have a stable and caring parent in their corner!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whew.
And I'm with Firesprite -- that was divine protection right there.
I'm assuming you're taking out a protective order against both those ladies. Using the term "ladies" loosely.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

My alcoholic mother is on the Do Not Allow list at my kids' school for this exact reason. It's my greatest fear. Unfortunately, crazy AW's can only be banned with a court order. I'm praising God for your 8yo's headache. Angels at work, for sure. (((Hugs)))
Old 10-30-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wow! It seems odd to say 'what a relief' your daughter had a headache....but boy that seems like an HP move to me!

I'm glad they are safely with you, and hope that your wife and MIL won't try any more of these tricks....truly scary stuff!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, what a narrow and fortuitous escape! Do you have a court order giving you custody or forbidding your AW to remove them from you or from the area? If you do, it would be a good idea to get it to the school so that your kids are never released to anyone but you.

ShootingStar1
Old 10-30-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know right...I think it was my late Dad and Grandma looking over them.... The complication is just like what NWGRITS said, I can only ban her when I get a court order. The school have been very helpfull, promising to stall her if this situation was to arise. Unfortunately, our 1st court hearing is Nov 18th. That is when I should have the court order. I am seriously contemplating not letting them to school until then, I know its a bit extreme, but I cant imagine AW taking them.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ResignedToWait View Post
This story amazes me. What kind of end-game does your AW have in mind? Why would they think that's a good idea in any way shape or form?? What does she think, that you'll be all "oh well" and let it go? Of course not, police would be involved, and the children would be traumatized from the experience.

So glad it worked out the way it did. Good job Dad.
Thats why I keep questioning where the mothers instinct has gone...???
Old 10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

it's only 2 weeks and you can get their school work so they don't fall behind. You can ask your attorney what is the best thing to do. perhaps he can send a strong letter to her attorney who would advise against such a dispicable act. it's going to make her look very craptastic in court. Can the school tell if she was drinking at the time or suspect and they could not let her take kids until police come? (who could administer a sobriety test)?

these are her own children she is choosing to traumatize. You could press charges against the grandmother in the interim? THAT might stop her?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree w/Fandy. 2 weeks to miss is not that much if you can get their work. Seems worth it to me!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fandy, if the school has reasonable doubt about her sobriety then they can ask for a check, then they call the police who should breathalize her. At this point, I have to mention that I live in Europe and this is the local law.
Thanks for the suggestion of pressing charges against grandma...this for me has turned from defence to offence and I am pretty determined to make a point. At first I was in "its a sickness stage", but they are trying to make the girls suffer and thats a NO, NO!
hopeful4, You're right, I cant risk letting the girls suffer. This is all so surreal and exhausting...
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Stoic

Originally Posted by SingledadPolo73 View Post
I am seriously contemplating not letting them to school until then, I know its a bit extreme, but I cant imagine AW taking them.
I would disagree with this. AW could use this against you in court later, to question the stability of them staying with you...keeping them out of school like that.
It's not true, and it would be a long shot for her...but it's worth thinking about and considering for any long-term goals you may have, in order to protect against her.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ResignedToWait View Post
I would disagree with this. AW could use this against you in court later, to question the stability of them staying with you...keeping them out of school like that.
It's not true, and it would be a long shot for her...but it's worth thinking about and considering for any long-term goals you may have, in order to protect against her.
You're right. My lawyer just confirmed that. This is just getting too crazy. I have to come up with a plan of what to do IF she manages to get them. I need to teach tchem a procedurę of how to contact me, so at least I know how to find tchem.