The thing about going to the hardware store for bread...

Old 09-27-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had been going to the bakery my entire life. I decided to try another bakery for a few years, it was a different building, style,color, address and when I walked in it was actually a hardware store, so I searched out the bakery I had grown up going to. When I located MY bakery and walked in, it turned out my bakery I had known and loved my entire life, had turned into a hardware store. But this hardware store was worse than the first, rusty tools, rough edged machines, no sales, no kind or helpful salespeople and absolutely no bread or even sweets anywhere. None of the wonderful delicious sweets and treats I grew up with existed at all anymore. I'm still searching for the exit door. I see it but cannot quite make it up that aisle. I'm hopeful when I do make it up the aisle I am strong enough to push the door open and have it lock behind me. From now on I am on a diet and no more bread or bakeries!!! And I will hire a contractor to walk into the hardware stores also!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Wow. I usually don't come in this forum, but the title drew me in. I knew us drunks drove friends and family crazy, but I was trippin till I got through the first couple posts. (Yeah, I get it now).

Best to all, I gotta head back and work on fixing my crazy some more now.
I think we all could work a little on fixing that crazy stuff! Best of luck to you too.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well said HopefulinFLA!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm loving the analogies...here's my story:

So I grew up in a bakery and was sure I would not be living there again though I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was I was leaving. When I met my prince charming, and oh how very charming he was, he too was happy to know that I was not like his experience growing up living in a hardware store. As time went on, he kept reminding me of the bakery and I kept reminding him of the hardware store. I tried hard to get him used to working in a hardware store and he tried hard to get me used to working in a bakery. They both had their good points but each of us had our limits while trying to keep each other happy. We never did make it work fully though we gave it a hell of a try after 25 years. Goodbye bakery and hardware store. Though I have plenty of baked goods that I’m trying to love and support, I’m liking my new life very much, thank you.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MTSlideAddict View Post
The bakery I went to was at a nice part of town and decorated with wonderful artwork. It was a small bakery at the time and they sold me some bread that may have had a nail or two in it, but I saw the potential. I felt that by becoming involved in the bakery’s business I would help mold them to a great big bakery that I saw them to be capable of being offering lots of delicious bread and even pastries. They had all this ambition and they promised to listen to my advice, but despite my persistence they found their own way to conduct business. I loved that bakery, and I didn’t even recognize at the time that the bakery blueprint was a carbon copy of my father’s hardware store. As time went on the bread from this bakery continued to have nails baked in them. Some of them even rusty. Throughout the years this bakery turned into a hardware store very much similar to my fathers. I pushed and argued for that hardware store to turn back to the bakery that I had dreamed of, but nothing worked. Now I’m just trying to bake my own bread.
I just met my twin.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I used to fish for bread in hardware stores.... Now I am strictly gluten intolerant!