My husband was in a motorcycle accident - Part 2

Old 09-27-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I don't believe I have posted back to back being elated and then angry. My feelings shift day to day but not minute to minute. I gave a good update on the 25th. Today is the 27th and the only thing I said was that reality was sinking in for him. I don't need a reality check. I got one a long time ago. I also don't need meds. There is nothing wrong with ME! I just live with an alcoholic and he's been left to feel the brunt of his ACTIONS. Not my problem.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

actually it's probably beneficial for you to vent here...it's safe, anonymous and you get feedback from people who understand and support you.

we may not see you FTF, but we listen and respond.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I love myself just the way I am.

Living with an active alcoholic isn't easy. BUT! I don't feel I need to be seen by a professional. If anyone would really like to know the truth, my dr knows what we have been through. He's witnessed it in it's rawest form. He's spoken to me privately at length, and with AH and I both and he's confidant that I have armed myself well with coping mechanisms to get through the day to day grind with AH when he's at his worst! I've been nothing but honest with my dr and if he felt that I needed something, I'm sure he'd of been the first one to stop me and say hey... let me help you! He hasn't so MY green light to life is good.

And Fandy, you are right. This is my support group. I don't do AlAnon. I do SR! I come here everyday, whether I post or not. I come. I read. I learn. I live.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

You sound good Box, especially for all you've been through. I too use SR and I've learned so much.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Poor Jimmy is sick today with the skittles n upset stomach. He ate a whole pack of cookies last night while I was at work! He also cleaned the house n scrubbed to floors n dusted.

I think it was the chocolate that has his tummy rumbling. He shouldn't eat all those cookies but it sure is better than a bottle of vodka! Hopefully he'll feel better soon. We go to the neuro on Monday to get staples out. He's doing very well at the moment recovery wise, post surgery.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to hear the healing continues Boxy.

Yes, chocolate can be rough on our alcohol-abused tummies. I had a wicked sweet tooth during the first few months after quitting but it did calm down.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Jim was released back to work on light duty for this Friday! The Dr n nurses at the neuro unit were very pleased with his recovery so far on all fronts.

He is still being real n honest. We had a couple squabbles n he looked right at me n said, I didn't mean what I just said! I'm sorry! It was over bills piling up. He's been laying around n not leaving the house. He even asked me to take him somewhere! I was like WHOA.... who the hell is this guy?!

He'll have 4 weeks tomorrow. I couldn't ask for anything more after what we've been through! Maybe God knew if I flattened his tires it would not be enough. It was so hard not to do. I let go n let God. I put it all in His Hands! I feared the worse n stared it down. I faced one of my biggest fears because it was here n not going anywhere. I didn't know how I'd get through it with or without him. But I did it!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Well...

We are DONE!

He was given a clean bill of health! Brain is looking good! It's still there! They released him from their care and wished us well although neuro wants 1 more scan in January just to have a look-see. He's going back to work this Friday on regular duty, no restrictions.

6 weeks sober tomorrow!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Praying all continues to go well for you - it's like a miracle.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's great news! I am happy for you both.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Very good to hear Rox. I am happy for you both. Way to hang in there, it was painful to watch, but your strength is impressive. letting go takes strength, in my humble opinion!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Letting go was by far the hardest thing I've ever done. I knew that day when I asked him if he were eating food or was on a liquid diet? And he said LIQUID like a total asshat that it was not good. I did not know what it would bring but I do know I prayed to God that I would just let Him take over. I gave Him my love for Jimmy and my marriage and just let go. It was a total surrender. I could take no more.

God was going to do His Work and He sure did. If He wanted Jimmy, He could have snuffed him out right then and there. It was not his time and he's paid his consequences as I did not soften one of them. They came, blow after blow like clock work. I could just see them coming. I did what I needed to sustain the household and he paid the hefty cost in pain and suffering for riding a bike drunk and being drunk afterwards.

There were only 2 ways out of this and it was either life or death!

We will move on, one day at a time. He's still early in his recovery, which is his choice to do whatever it is that he has to do to remain sober. I can not do anything about it, whether he does it on his own (20 yrs sober) or seeks assistance elsewhere. Everyday adds up and I will know.

I am doing my thing hunting. He's resting up for work so we can get ready for the Holidays with our beautiful Granddaughter we get to share. Right now, life is good. It is exactly what it's suppose to be. We'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

I am happy for you both and am praying for continued health and personal growth for you both! Hugs!!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

SO happy to hear! You guys DESERVE some happiness - oh, and happy hunting!!