Need quick response

Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

please think for a minute...exactly how LITTLE effort it took him to type that text. less than 20 words? not only vague but grammatically deficient? and how much energy have YOU spent agonizing over this????? he used his THUMBS.....in the midst of doing god knows what else.

this is where you need to stop the DANCE....this is not him realizing the error of his ways, making a wholesale CHANGe in his life, lifestyle, outlook and attitude. an i'm sorry text is about as lame as it gets. actually IMHO ANY type of text communication regarding anything more important than "be there in 5, got stuck in traffic" has no value.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
please think for a minute...exactly how LITTLE effort it took him to type that text. less than 20 words? not only vague but grammatically deficient? and how much energy have YOU spent agonizing over this????? he used his THUMBS.....in the midst of doing god knows what else.
oh my god, this is hilarious.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So true. It's starting to make me angry and angry at myself for getting sucked in
Old 07-30-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just because he sends you a message, you are not automatically obligated to respond. You've been through this over and over and over and over again. If you're ever going to get healthy, you have to decide that enough is enough. If these texts are dragging you back, then it's time to go NO contact and block him. He's an EX for goodness sake. He's an adult, he knows what he needs to do!! He's not truly asking you, he's just trying to find a way to hook you back in.
Let go or be dragged......
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Recovering2 View Post
Just because he sends you a message, you are not automatically obligated to respond. You've been through this over and over and over and over again. If you're ever going to get healthy, you have to decide that enough is enough. If these texts are dragging you back, then it's time to go NO contact and block him... He's not truly asking you, he's just trying to find a way to hook you back in.
Let go or be dragged......
I needed to read this tonight. Thank you x
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
he used his THUMBS.....in the midst of doing god knows what else.
Right. Now, if *I* text someone, it's gonna be danged important. Because I can't even text with my thumbs, I painfully hunt and peck each letter and my OCD word-geekiness will not allow me to send a text without all words fully spelled out, and the entire text properly formatted and punctuated. I could type and send five emails or five brilliantly witty SR posts in the time it would take me to send a single text message. My kids don't even bother sending me texts anymore because it takes too long to get a reply.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

wow. You got a "sorry?"

pretty good in my book. Dunno if I recall the last one (if ever) of those.

I would just keep up doing what you are not doing (i.e., not responding).

Let's see what else you get?

If you want a real prize, I think you still get those in a box of Cracker Jacks.