Need some encouragement.....

Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I would like to say that the articles suggested by wanttobehealthy are the ones that helped me in understanding the most about how the alcoholic mind works and how it effects their relationships.

Floyd P. Garrett, MD, wrote this articles. I wholeheartedly recommend them for anyone who deals with an alcoholic (or has a drinking problem, themselves).

In addition to the links that wantobehealthy supplied, they can be found by a google search.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
I would like to say that the articles suggested by wanttobehealthy are the ones that helped me in understanding the most about how the alcoholic mind works and how it effects their relationships.

Floyd P. Garrett, MD, wrote this articles. I wholeheartedly recommend them for anyone who deals with an alcoholic (or has a drinking problem, themselves).

In addition to the links that wantobehealthy supplied, they can be found by a google search.

sincerely, dandylion
I printed them out already!!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
these articles are the ones that helped me in understanding the most about how the alcoholic mind works and how it effects their relationships.
me too!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Update

Ok so AH went to his first therapy session yesterday. He is still drinking, not alot, but...... He doesn't really go anywhere anymore. He stays home and if he does go somewhere, he comes home at a reasonable time. He has been very nice, comments, offering help around the house, says he wants to better himself as a person with his anger issues and treat me the way I deserve to be treated and that he neglected that for too long. Wants to do things with the kids as a family. Says there is nothing wrong with him drinking a couple beers now and then. Well I look at that as atleast twice a week. I looked at an apartment last night. Hoping to get it. I just do not see us rekindling any love, even if he gets the phsychological help he needs. Atleast on my part any way. I kinda feel like the bad person because he wants to try now and I could care less. I just am so numb and don't really feel anything. Just wanted to update.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear myfreedom, we each get to decide what we want our life to be like. You are entitled to your feelings, and get to decide how to act on those feelings. You don't have to feel guilty for your feelings. You are, ultimately, responsible for your own happiness---just as he is for himself.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Says there is nothing wrong with him drinking a couple beers now and then
Maybe not for him, but it is wrong for you. and you are all that matters.
Please believe me.
You are not a bad person for wanting a happy life.
You are a good person who has adapted to a bad life.
You will get it back. I hope you get your apartment and find yourself.
There is happiness on the other side of the numbness.

Beth