Alcoholic mother in law found dead

Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So sorry Liz will keep you in my thoughts.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. You are all in my prayers.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. AH left this AM to fly out. He got a free standby flight from his friend who's a pilot for Southwest so that was really nice. I still can't find a dogsitter. I called a few kennels to see if they would take him but he has giardia (intestinal parasites that didn't clear up after 2 weeks of treatment last month) still right now and they don't want him, UGH! I called 3 of the numbers that friends gave me for dog sitting referrals and only one sounds promising. I still don't know the dates.

They have to do an autopsy on the body because she was found face down with her face smashed and I guess they need to rule out foul play since the police were called, etc? Anyway, I guess that gives me time to find someone to watch the dog. I'm very tired, mentally worn down, and just feeling exhausted. I woke up at 4 AM to take AH to the airport and got home at 6:15. I got a text at 6:20, then a phone call from my brother in law at 6:40(he forgot about the time difference), and then all the neighborhood dogs started barking at 7 for no good reason, LOL. Anyway, at that point I gave up catching up on sleep.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Liz, so sorry about your MIL's death. My condolences to you and your family.

And it doesn't make it easy to have to contend with all the alcoholism on top of it. Take care of yourself.

Is it possible that no dogsitter means that you might not have to go?

ShootingStar1
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
Liz, so sorry about your MIL's death. My condolences to you and your family.

And it doesn't make it easy to have to contend with all the alcoholism on top of it. Take care of yourself.

Is it possible that no dogsitter means that you might not have to go?

ShootingStar1
Yes, that is a possibility. AH has told me that it's OK if we don't come anyway since he hates his family anyway. He doesn't like me being around them, go figure, since he says they're all crazy. Hmmm, must run in the family? LOL, anyway I'm still waiting to hear if they have set a day for the viewings and funeral. If anything, I'm hoping I can get back for just the funeral and then have someone here for 2-3 days for the dog.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy to you & your family in the loss of your mother in law

prayers of healing, peace and comfort for all who love her -

gentle pink hugs