Hope - recovery day 365

Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm weird, and I'm okay with it!!
Words to live by!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lol, I've been getting knocked out a bunch for spinal injections ..lwhen they start the propafol i make it to "hey you aren't a cardiologist are yooooooooo........ Zzzzzzzzz" the stuff starts hitting my bloodstream around cardiologist so I'm the reverse - blood like spring water.

My bigger problem is waking up, I have about a three minute windo where I evidently have no filter AT ALL nor any recollection later but I hear it's pretty funny. I allegedly proposition nurses and such. Last time the first thing I remember was three ladies standing over me giggling and blushing and one of them saying "ok tiger, we better get your wife in here or we might just take you up on that". I cringe to think....

Laughs aside... That feeling of the pain going away and the dopamine release is scary, I hate medication and when I realized my pain is less than before surgery yet I was anxious to fill another scrip? Crap - that's Seduction. I burned the scrips I had filed away for just in case, I have no desire to see what OxyContin would do.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
I am unique (or odd, strange, peculiar - Whatever you want to call it) in that I have a very high tolerance to pain medication. In other words, I have to take 3-4 times the normal dose of say Vicodin, to get any sort of relief. For some reason my body can tolerate high doses of narcotics/opiates, etc. It's a good thing I don't have an adictive personality - I'd be broke quicker than anyone. The same with something like Novocaine - the dentist has to shoot me up several times.

Even anesthesia - during my last surgery, when they make you count back from 100, I made it to 72! The entire OR stopped and stared at me when I got to 85! I said, "Just wait, I'll get to the 70's with no issue!"

In a way it's good that I'm like this because I can get some relief and still be high-functoning. The downside is that I never can really take enough to get the relief 'normal' people get.

I'm weird, and I'm okay with it!!

C-OH Dad
I don't know if its weird -both me and my kid have the same issue with pain meds. After her tonsillectomy last summer, I had to double her oxycontin. I actually felt a little strange calling the doctor for a second script, at a higher dose, in liquid form for faster absorption. But she was miserable, and it worked at that double dose, and she was still functional. Amazing!

I don't respond to pain meds but give me more than 2 beers, and I am under the table and painfully hungover the next day.