Just found XABF on the dating sites...

Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by inpieces314 View Post
"They" are the drug addicts.

And I didn't know it was him who called, he has no phone, how the hell was I supposed to know that he would use some random dude's phone from work? I have my own work to deal with, when numbers from that area code show up, I answer, because I live in one state and work in another. I didn't even know he was AT work. And when he told me, I said I don't know what to tell you, gotta go. Click.
Wait what? He called you, from his place of employment, to tell you he'd been fired?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wink

Itsmylifenow,
I just this week removed the last fake profile I created to check on my XAH, yes, it is hard to see them online dating. The funny thing is that he hit my "fake online profile" and wanted to "walk at the park" with me to get to know me, I was lmao, he came up with the SAME stupid lines he told me when I met him 17 years ago.
Yes, It took me a while, yes he has been in few short "relationships" after all I have my own relationship with a normie. I know my boyfriend's family, I know his children (they love him a lot), I have checked on him and he is real.(my trust issue).
Those that don't check on their dates and beleive every thing they say better be ready for some cruel disappointments.
Take your time, your pain is YOUR pain and no one elses, you will get over this, I did, just do not call him, don't feed his ego.
You are not alone.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wait what? He called you, from his place of employment, to tell you he'd been fired?
Maybe he thought you would feel sorry and send money!
:rotfxko

You handled it well inpieces.
click.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am new to this site, but need help. I am a newly single mother of a toddler with an newly active alcoholic ex-fiance whom I love with all my heart and has destroyed me with his two and a half years of broken promises and downward spirals. He had been sober for a month and a half and threw it all away in one night after making new "friends" at a new job. It is the last straw and I filed an HRO and called the police three nights in a row for DUI with my car, and being at our apartment with his drunk buddies causing a disturbance.

He has never worked, he is younger than I and I met him when he was in jail. I believed his dreams of a good life and leaving the **** behind. I was so in love before I saw the alcoholism and the lies and the violence. I keep thinking I could inspire him to be a better man, but his demon is so strong.

so here I am feeling sick and lonely and guilty. And my worst fear is he will find someone else too. And the internet does suck. Actually my worst fear is he will find his sobriety and happiness and it will be with some other woman and not me. That some other woman will inspire him and reap the benefits of his recovery.

Sad huh?

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you my little story and say I know how you feel. I am tempted to search facebook and such, and would probably find him pumping his ego flirting with younger more attractive girls that will put up with his party lifestyle.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good God...

Originally Posted by itsmylifenow View Post
... I have checked periodically and sure enough today there was his profile.
Why. Why in the world would you do this? I'm stunned.

What will it take for you to let go, move on with your life, and either live unencumbered by a boyfriend or one that can act like a grown-ass man?

Cyranoak
Old 04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

I met my guy through a singles group that organized events on line but actually went out to places. We were friends first before we got involved. But, he was a bar fly and met quite a few women there. All that charm and good looks....

I haven't called him and am trying to avoid the dating site. I have gone through something similar in the past where I got obsessive over an ex...just couldn't let him go. But, eventually I did and I'm trying to use that experience to move along now.

Part of the issue with this for me is that we have taken this road before and seem to always get back together or try again or something. And, every time I say it's different and that he won't come back for me or try and contact me. This time he sounds like he is truly done, as I have been over and over, and has moved on to finding someone else.

I'm processing the whole thing and accepting it's done while really trying to heal the little part in me that holds on to him...the loving me part. I have an issue with that which is what keeps this going in my head long beyond what it should be.

I am happy to come here to vent...my friends and family have heard enough and I'm reluctant to say to them things are really done this time because they've heard me say it a half a dozen times before.

So, although I can move on, there is this little gnawing at the back of my brain wondering if the cycle is going to start over again. The clown has hit me on the head so many times that I'm just conditioned to believe it will keep happening.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Anvilhead's right...

It's so easy to say the words. Everybody knows what they are, and some people are so desperate to hear them from anybody that they don't even notice the actions don't match the words. I could, if I wanted to, tell any woman exactly what she wants to hear and I could do it any time with a 99 percent chance of getting it right. Alcoholics and addicts are even better at it than I am.

Love isn't something you say, it's something you do. The reason I believe my recovering alcoholic wife loves me is because her actions are demonstrating that consistently and in a sustained fashion (not one time, or manifested through one gift, or one short period of sobriety). It doesn't have a damn thing to do with what she says.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
what if......he never truly loved you? what if it was simply beyond his capacity to do anything more than mouth the words, like a trained parrot?

part of the pattern you are in now is the come here, go away part....i leave, you chase, i come back...or you leave, i chase, you come back. has nothing to do with LOVE, it's all about #winning, as Charlie Sheen would tweet. the object of affection becomes just that...an object, something to possess, something we can't let anybody else have, even if we don't want it anymore, cuz dangit its OURS.

he's a player, a liar, a drunk...probably a guy just lookin' to have a "good time" without a whole bunch of fuss but who can't do "alone" so well and so is always on the hunt for something with a pulse.........
Old 04-20-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I could, if I wanted to, tell any woman exactly what she wants to hear and I could do it any time with a 99 percent chance of getting it right. Alcoholics and addicts are even better at it than I am.
And, oddly, I am always afraid of saying the wrong thing. But he says that I am a good listener.

Love isn't something you say, it's something you do.

Just wanted to repeat this.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
So now you know, curiousity killed the cat.......

You are just torturing yourself. If you have only been apart two weeks and he is already on the move, that would be all the answer I would ever need.

Go live your life free of this crazy train. You certainly deserve much more than he can offer.
The same thing happened to me. Once I ended things, within two weeks, he was back trolling the dating sites, looking for "a long-term" relationship, after "being single" for two years.

After I stopped laughing at that and the fact that he drank socially, I started crying. After I had a good cry, I realized that I was in love with the illusion of what could have been and not what was. Took me a while to work through that but once I did, I could say to the next woman in his life: "He's all yours...."

It's been a year since we broke up and things haven't changed for him. I've seen him, talked to him briefly and the stench of alcohol just about knocked me over. I may be struggling financially, may be working part time, but at least I know I'm not living a lie nor am I chasing an illusion of what I thought could have been.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
Maybe he thought you would feel sorry and send money!
:rotfxko
Personally if I'd just been fired from a job the last thing I'd want to do is stick around there and use the phone, but whatever, people do what they want...
Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Love them anyway...

Wow. Thank you for sharing you journey to health.
I am walking a very similar path. I KNOW that he isnt healthy. I KNOW he has NOTHING real to offer me. However, there are times, when I miss the other version of him. I knew when I left that I could love him anyway. I can leave, love him anyway and not let his disease affect my life any longer. Loving from a distance, a LONG distance. So far it has taken practice, a lot of phone calls to friends and gentle reminders. The further I get away from the insanity the more insane it looks and the less I romanticize him or the relationship. The truth is for me I know it will just take some time, and Ive got that.
I wish you the best.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Take it from someone who DID call the xbf *after* it was over...it was just more torture and delaying the inevitable: it's over and though it's painful, both people will move on. In your case, you're moving on to liberate yourself from some toxic dead weight, and in his case, he's moving on in a panicked state to QUICKLY find someone (anyone really) who will enable him and give him HIS feel-good fix, so he can keep avoiding maning up and taking care of himself like an adult.
Yes. This.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Cyranoak said it so well: love isn't something you say, it's something you DO.

Actions speak louder than words.

I found my normie boyfriend on a dating site. It's not WHERE you find someone, it's WHO you find, and HOW you set up your standards for what you will accept in a partner. I went out there with more than a year of singlehood, a finalized divorce, a list of what I wanted and would NOT tolerate, kept going to therapy and Alanon meetings consistently (and still do), and wasn't willing to compromise on my standards. Growing up the way I did meant that I never learned how to date, how to love without "rescuing" or pitying someone, didn't know how to have non-codependent relationships. I figured that a dating site would help me to meet people who were allegedly available and ready for a relationship, and help me to fine-tune what it was that I wanted. I cannot emphasize enough that I did that SAFELY, making choices to keep everything from my phone number to my full name private until after I had met them and decided whether or not I wanted them to have that info about me.

I met up with liars, alcoholics, manipulators, and got pretty good at spotting them within the first 10 minutes of a coffee date. And I met up with truly wonderful, calm, peaceful human beings that were just not a good fit for one reason or another. Then I met my boyfriend whose actions and words match on a consistent basis, with whom I can be vulnerable without being taken advantage of, a person who supports my friendships and hobbies (including those that have nothing to do with him, and/or he has no desire to participate in), who knows that I'm in recovery and supports that even though he doesn't understand, and who communicates what he needs so that I can also respect that in him. There is predictability, support, honesty, RESPECT. He is not perfect, and I see that, too...and the imperfections become a choice that I have opted to accept at this point in time, one day a time, because they are not "red flags."

A liar is a liar, and it's not hard to spot them. It doesn't matter what your ex puts in his profile, a woman who dates him will either see that his actions and words don't match, or she will choose not to. Delightedly, it's no longer your problem.

Hugs and support, because that crap hurts. But you are moving on, and who knows...maybe someday you'll meet a wonderfully available, trustworthy, non-alcoholic normie on a dating site, or somewhere else. Either way, you have all kinds of options about how to live your life from here on out.

Hugs,
posie
Old 04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

But, seriously, why would anyone be surprised that their xabf lied about drugs/alcohol on a profile for a dating site? You really think they're gonna put "I'm an active alcoholic", "I'm a crackhead", etc.?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

What are his actions telling you ?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by inpieces314 View Post
It's sad, when you think about it. You are glad to be rid of all that drama, but feel sorry for the poor innocent girl that he is going to destroy, just like he did you.

At least I do. People don't realize what they are getting into. I wish alcoholics came with warning labels. I mean, they kill people just like cigarettes do. Just on the inside.
Exactly how I feel about my ex.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
~sb

Until you change you, yeah, you most likely will repeat your pattern in a new relationship.

What are you doing to help change you today?