He Scared the H*ll Out of Me!!

Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

The book "Why Does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft helped me so much when dealing with abuse issues in my own relationship.
There's a book study on this forum for this book. It may provide some help or insight:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-chapters.html

You're not alone.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

When I started seeing how it really was and not how I wanted it -I got better. I was so blind and sick. Now 4 years post-divorce I am so different- and grateful to be in the solution and not in the problem. Good luck to all in the situation. Alanon saved me and the Code books, and the Lundy books. God bless .
Old 01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My mom was an alcoholic and there are alot of things she didn't do right, but one time my aunt showed up at the door with my cousin about midnight, my uncle had beaten her again, she absolutely would not press charges against him.

Well my uncle our house he told my mom to send her home now or he would come over and kill all of us, well he knew my dad was at work so he could be the big man (big drunk man who beat his 94 pound wife). My mom sat there just as calm as could be and said come on over, the door will be unlocked, but just so you know, I have my shotgun, and I will be sitting here waiting to blow your a$$ back out into the yard.

He never came over that night, and he never beat my aunt again.

He knew deep down that my mom would kill him if she had the chance.

Of course it was ok if my dad beat me and kicked me, but she would kill my uncle for beating my aunt, it was just one more example of where I stood in the grand scheme of things.