Feel like I have been punched in the stomach

Old 12-09-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well. This is a time for you to place your boundary. If you let him slide, and "believe" that he wasn't drinking, he will continue to drink and deny. It's essentially giving him a free pass. I did that for a long, long time. Life became even more unmanageable that it had been. It was the lowest, darkest time in my life. I left, he cried and said he would stop. That was over a year ago. He is now homeless and of course, continues to drink.
Just do what is best for you and your children. Good luck.
M
Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I feel for you. All I wanted from my AH was one sober day for my birthday -not a party, not jewelry, not anything but one day of sanity. Of course I didn't get it. For those of us without an addiction, it is maddening. I have to keep telling myself he doesn't have a choice. But you know what? I do. And I'm over it all. I have the courage to change the things I can.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Tears.

I think it was a strong and loving thing that your Mom did, by the way. She didn't make a scene or take the easy way out and pretend not to notice, but discreetly and unequivocally told you what you probably already suspected.

So in all of this, that's one thing to be thankful for. If it helps to think of it that way.

I can really feel the heartache in your post and I know that sinking feeling so well.

I hope you find some support for yourself.