All that I have done wrong today...lol..or ugh

Old 12-09-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All that I have done wrong today...lol..or ugh

It seems I can't do anything right in my husbands eyes. Today, I left his bedroom door shut, and apparantly it should have been open. I gave the wrong cans of food to the food drive. He made me a list of the things I need to replace promptly. I won't be doing that. I let our daughter play outside with the wrong gloves on. I warmed up my car too early this morning. And thats just today.

What is he trying to do to me? It's just getting beyond absurd. I just chuckle and move on, and my self esteem is, luckily, very good...Otherwise I would be a mess. He isn't even one bit nice when he is sober, unless he needs me to run an errand for him or something. I need another month to save enough money to move. He knows I am leaving..Says he will be better off without me. And he probably will be..He seemed fine with that, but he won't stop picking. I think he is trying to make me mad or make me cry. I will never cry another tear for this man. It seems like everything just all of a sudden clicked one day, and I just thought of what a disaster this whole mess is. I've been a good wife. I don't get thank you for doing his share of parenting while hes out drinking. Not that I need a thank you for parenting my child, but just I'm so bad in his eyes. Seems to be no logic there. You guys are so wonderful here. Just needed to vent...
Old 12-09-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap. He is a miserable person and you know what they say...misery loves company. Glad he's not able to make you miserable though. Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize. Physical freedom will be yours soon, but it sounds like you are already emotionally free.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

oops...double post.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's kinda funny sometimes, the things that come out of their mouths. I had to just laugh about it at times. I remember going to my ex's therapist with him with a list of 135 things that he found wrong with me. I gave the list to his therapist, who was just amazed. She asked him, if he really said all those things, and if he meant them. He told her yes. She told him that she didn't see why he wasted his money coming to see her, then she turned to me, and told me that she would continue to see me during the divorce proceedings.

Pls. vent all you want.

I'm glad that you can laugh about these things, you do need to have a good sense of humor to put up with this stuff.

Another time, my ex told me that he was not sexually attracted to me, and he wanted a divorce. We owned a home, I told him to put the house up for sale, and that we could just have a platonic relationship till it was sold. He said OK, then 5 minutes later, he asked me if that meant no sex? huh????? I replied no, he then told me that he would find himself a girlfriend. I told him to go right ahead and do that. He went back to therapy instead. Gotta have a sense of humor.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you're getting out, but until you do, just keep laughing, they do want to bring you down, but having a sense of humor about it sure does help
Old 12-09-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Suki. Yes, misery loves company.I spent enough time being miserable, doing all the things to try and change him. Should have left many years ago, but I know this time will be permanent.

Wow Amy. He actually took a list of things that were wrong with you to the therapist? That is hilarious. amazing.

The whole sex thing. I haven't slept within 30 feet of my husband since Aug. He said to me a couple of weeks ago that he would not be having sex with me anymore because I had abandoned him by sleeping in the spare room. I hung my head a bit and told him how I would really miss that wonderful smell of alcohol. It only took him a couple of months to notice we werent having sex anymore. duh!!!!It honestly did not occur to him that I will never ever have sex with him again.

Thanks for the laugh...
Old 12-09-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh, and you are right about something just all of a sudden clicking. That is the magic moment. Until that happens, we can waiver and convince ourselves that we might be rushing things or making a wrong decision because...they could always change. Once that switch clicks though, it really doesn't matter what they do. Quit drinking, go to counseling, join AA, whatever. It just doesn't matter anymore because we are done.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just loved that line that you would really miss that wonderful smell of alcohol. !!!!!!!!

Until you get out, just keep laughing. All he is doing is trying to push your buttons.

I remember once when he kept trying to push my buttons, I kept replying to his comments with, "I see". Then he starting singing to me --- Jose, can you see by the stars shining bright"

And to let you know, mine was not nice sober either.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh and what a wonderful magic moment that is. I'm as codependent as anyone can get. I spent so many years trying to change this man. yelled, cried, begged, threatened to kick him out, threaten to move, kicked him out, moved out myself, took him back. I've done it all. I believe when I got my self respect and self esteem back, that's when it happened for me. He could quit today, and my decision would not change. Not that I haven't heard it a hundred times before though. I want peace from life. This isn't good enough for my wonderful child or myself.

All of us will be much happier.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Lacy,

I did the same thing. And yes, he could quit today, but you know what, the abuse is a different thing. He won't quit that, mine never did. I'm now divorced one year. Until you get out, just remember, it isn't you.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

As I like to say...wring the alcohol out of an asshat, and you're still left with an asshat.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
As I like to say...wring the alcohol out of an asshat, and you're still left with an asshat.
Totally agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lacy,

So proud of you for moving forward through all this with grace, style, and humor.

You are setting a great example for your daughter.

So glad you will be escaping Mr. Personality in 30 days, please let us know when you make your escape, I would like to through you a little party.

The banner will read, "Good for me I'm ass-hat free"

Best of luck to you,

Bill
Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

^^^^^
Old 12-09-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I feel your frustration LacyM, I'm in much of the same situation with my significant other. It seems when I do one thing it's wrong but if I'd done the other it would have been wrong as well. Hang in there, and I wish the best of luck to you and your recovery (:
Old 12-10-2011, 02:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ugh ugh ugh. I'm so sorry. Hang in there.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amy, I can't wait to say I've been divorced for a year.

Willy, Mr. Personality is the perfect term. Love it. Love your banner.....Good for me, I'm ass-hat free" It even rhymes. I've never heard that term before. Nobody has ever thrown me a party before. lol

Kay, I've had the conversation before about what my options were, and what I should have done, and you are right ANY choice would be wrong. There is simply no way to even begin to argue with that. I try to think things through and make the best decisions that I possibly can. This man who makes the choice to stay out drinking most of the night is not in a position to judge my choices. Hang in there.

Everyone have a wonderful day...
Lacy
Old 12-10-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Oh, and you are right about something just all of a sudden clicking. That is the magic moment. Until that happens, we can waiver and convince ourselves that we might be rushing things or making a wrong decision because...they could always change. Once that switch clicks though, it really doesn't matter what they do. Quit drinking, go to counseling, join AA, whatever. It just doesn't matter anymore because we are done.
Suki, this is so true. During her last binge something broke inside me and I finally saw reality for the first time . I moved out within the month.

Your friend,