Over analyzing...need for drama?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow - count me in. Over analyzer pro. I hadn't put it into concrete thoughts the way so many have in this thread. Thank you! I loved what M1K3 said about having 10 arguments a day and she wasn't even there. Holding my hand up high in the air... me too! And I'm always so eloquent in these solo arguments, and he LISTENS and is SANE. "Oh." He says: "I finally get it! I've hurt you terribly, I'm going into rehab, and everything's going to be great." HA dream on self.

Thanks so much for this post! Here's hoping I start to spend my energy getting healthy instead of arguing with a phantom.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
at one time, i could operate a small city on the energy created in the whirling vortex of my mind! i still lean towards over-thinking stuff.....which i guess is at least better than UNDER thinking!?

like anything else, we start with awareness.
and then we move to a course of action.
it takes time to undo habits, to change our modus operandi.

for me, the worry wheel, the ruminations, the circular thinking (where you always end up back where you started), was much about my illusion of control. and my inability to simply BE within my own skin and let THE REST OF THE WORLD conduct it's business without my formal consent. turns out i AM NOT the center of the universe!!! i am not some massive gravitational field around which everything else orbits. man what a blow to the EGO that was!!!!!

a very helpful little note we can post up somewhere is:

Dear Tally:

It turns out I won't need help running the Universe today after all!
Thanks for the offer, enjoy your day off!

Love,

God
My best pal said the very same thing to me this morning..."it's not always about you ya know".

Wowsers. Made sense and was a big relief. Think it's definitely my insecurities that make me think anything that I construe to be as negative must be about me...was actually quite nice to be told it wasn't. Hate that I do that though, the paranoia! Am gonna work on just being.

Think the A told me so many times that things were my fault that it's just easier to expect that things are my fault and so I go off into a worry thinking "what have I done?". Have to keep reminding myself that I'm not dealing with the A any more and that not everyone operates or behaves as he did.