Tired of it All (this sounds familiar)

Old 07-13-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Do you have the title to that car on your person? Is your name on it? I could take a bus down there and get it, sell it immediately before you even leave the state, and then use the money to hire an atty.

When it comes down to it, if you have an attny, I think this will be over soon. Him and his lawyer both know he isn't going to get alimony or for you to upkeep his house. No judge will give that two seconds thought. It is a game they play and a way for him to torture you long distance.
My name is not on the title of the only vehicle I had access to, no. I don't have the keys to the other 2 vehicles that do have my name on the title (and his). And, I don't have those titles anyway, he does. I DID look for that paperwork before I left, and couldn't find it.

I don't have an attorney. I called the pro bono group and left another message today. And I sent a general "any help appreciated" email to a womens advocacy group there today.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't give up and let him have everything.

Can you move back into your state, temporarily, and take care of business? You do really need representation, and you can't do squat while you're living out of state.
This gave me an idea. I'm looking on Craigslist now, for rooms for rent. Looks like it ranges from $400 up a month.

I'm not sure how I'd get there though. And I'd have to leave my daughter here.

It scares me to be that close to him.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
what about taking em a plate of fresh baked cookies? seriously, i refuse to give in to the notion that help is NOT available to you, only that it is being quite elusive. i was thinking along the lines of a women's advocacy group....some man hating attorney in pumps with good 3" heel and a BAD attitude......some caped defender...........
haha, exactly what I need Anvil, a caped defender

I wonder how stale those cookies would be after a 24 hour bus trip?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Keep in mind that my AH is asking for permanent alimony and that I pay him for upkeep on his home (his prior to the marriage) and all the vehicles.
Well he can ask that you maintain a life insurance policy naming him as beneficiary too but a judge would bust a gut laughing him and his attorney right out of the court room. Don't sign anything and settle it in court representing yourself. Keep the best financial records you can and let the Judge settle it. I have a feeling you'll be just fine. Jeez what a dick.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
ok, so i'm slow, but i think i get it now...you need an attorney that can practice in the state in which the world's biggest jerk resides! so you've been trying to contact the Pro Bono group in THAT state?

i wonder.......if you were to contact a local pro bono group and/or women's advocacy group if they could help you make the right connections? is it worth a shot?
Will do that, good idea. The local dv center wasn't able to help me, but I can try an advocacy group.

I've emailed two other groups today to, in that state.