Not going back

Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
someday you may look back & wonder why it took so long to take this step.

Families have a way of staying out of the way or not interfering while you are in the midst of it. But when you break away, they all rally beside you, It's amazing.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sadbuthopeful,

You're beginning the process I started abruptly on Nov. 8, 2010. Maybe I'm slow, but I still struggle. But I believe what our friends tell us, that with time, and care of yourself, things will get better, bit by bit, until one day you look back and say; "I'm so glad I did the right thing for my children and myself."

You're not alone... I'm walking this one with you.

Hugs!
Tigg
Old 02-10-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

nothing more to add other than agreement with all that was said above but just wanted to add my support and hugs also........I feel I am not far behind you. Take care of you....one baby step at a time...all the best and kp posting Phiz :0)
Old 02-11-2010, 12:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hugs to you.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Now that I've really stepped away and am so detached I realize what an impossible situation I was in and am so glad that I'm out of it.
This was my experience too. Sending you strength and peace.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm walking this one with you as well. It is a swamp. I have no idea when it will begin to feel like terra firma but I am told it does, and may even get to the point where on the odd day I'm walking on air..........(bring it on). But just for today, I am where I am. I have support and that's fine, but eventually I am alone in my bed and sleeping with a Jack Russel/foxie who is the best cuddle pot in the world. The book beside the bed helps for when I wake up from the awful dreams with tears on my eyelids. I just reach for the book and read till I can't stay awake or have to get up and go to work. BUT once I've had the shower and am driving to work with the radio on, things tend to lighten up. I think it's because of people. They keep me centred in the real world. Anyway sorry to use this thread to write my own recipe for coping with "plodding", but I think if it works for me, it might for you. It's just a pity that it doesn't work faster..........mmmmmmmm. PS The radio is my absolute salvation, particularly documentaries and science shows.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh, my, my heart goes out to you! You're sad, but I hope you're still hopeful. Life does get better after a horribly painful event. There's nothing for it but time, and that's the hardest thing to understand while you're going through it. I truly hope you can absorb the love of your family. Wrap your arms around your beautiful, precious children and soak up all the love. I'm thinking of you...