Off topic: anyone around here has a cat?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
we will find out tomorrow, what her opinion is..! hey miss, how's the bunny?

i am writing with one hand, she is sleeping on my lap! and just now she woke up and gave me the sweetest look, like saying "thank you" awwwwwww

she has her front legs extended infront on her on top of my other arm. LOL. i cant move!
Reminds me of a comic strip I saw one time. A guy is sitting in a chair talking on the phone with a cat sleeping in his lap. The bubble above the guys head says...I can't come in to work today...I have a cat on my lap. LOL!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yes its slavery, now I can confirm it LOL! Wow she is very very clean.

Yesterday I left for 2 hours and forgot to cover the furniture... you can guess it has several scratches now... I will have to call some furniture experts to see if there is anything that can be done LOL I will try not to worry about it until I talk to someone who knows. Its not like they are ruined but some are rather visible... booo!!

Anyway besides that awww she has made me so damn happy, its healing to have a cat on your lap, its the best feeling ever!

I read about those Soft Paw thingies you put on their claws, I will ask my dad to order them for me because down here I dont think we got them! I asked two veterinarians and they did not know what I was talking about.. and meanwhile everything will be in towels, etc. thanks for the tip!!

I will buy those scratching posts in a week with my next paycheck! because by now I have like 10 USD to survive next week.......... but its just all so worth it...

I owe you the pictures!! my next paycheck will go, half to payments and the other half to the cat and camera...that's it... that's all I need oh my own tuna would be great LOL

Do you think its ok to keep her in a cage while I prepare my food? I get nervous when she is jumping around and I am cooking... it just one hour, hopefully its not cruel to do that... or wait, I can leave her out in the little "garden" we got... perhaps its better that way, I hate to see animals caged
Old 07-26-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

She'll be perfectly fine in her cage for an hour, she'll probably nap.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I saw the little claw cover thingies in a PetSmart so you may want to check a local pet store. Of course, every time I go in there, I see all kinds of things I want to buy but remember what Judy (SerenityQueen) said...kitties like the simple things the best...don't spend a fortune on toys or a bed when they will be totally happy with a ball of paper wadded up, or a towel with your scent on it for a bed.

I'm so glad you are enjoying your new master I couldn't imagine life without my furbabies.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

She did, still waters!! o_O she is napping now...

Thank you all for the tips.. I will go to a larger store tomorrow....... perhaps they have them or can order them.

I also remembered SerenityQueen yesterday, those toys are quite expensive! it seems kitty is happy with a ribbon and a hat.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hooray!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

And btw - if you can afford it, get the clumping kitty litter. I don't even know why they still sell the old fashioned gravel type. The clumping will make your life much much easier.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

clumping? is that a finer, organic brand? i got the gravel style... will look for that one!!

once again i am writing with one hand only. kitty is resting and purring next to me. sometimes she goes crazy scratching and running around. when i got my spray bottle and am around, she acts as the most well behaved kitten HAH! she already owns my most comfortable pillow. yup, by day 2 i am already a guest on her home LOL.

will meet bf and the park in an hour. hope he survives to its almighty claws. well. hope WE survive. she will be my barometer and tell me if the guy has a good vibe lol.

have you noticed the cat picks up your mood? when she gets close i am relaxed, but sometimes she is more nervous and i am afraid she will jump to me and stick her claws in me! i try to stay relaxed but sometimes it bites me and gets out the claws..i immediately put it to the floor then... i just hope i can get the plastic thinges so i can relax all the time!

did i mention i luv her
Old 07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

It "clumps" when they go potty, so it's just a ball of litter and easily removed. It's really wonderful stuff - I hope you have it down there!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks a lot for all your tips!!

I smiled, giggled and laughed all day next to the kitty. I had asked God for help healing.

He sent me the kitty out of nowhere.
He gave me humility to accept I need help and take antidepressants. They have helped me a great deal to regain focus and motivation.
He sent me to someone good in alternative therapies. All the difference, too.
A dear friend said he would visit in 2 weeks.
My mom is well and she may come visit me.
My dad will come by the end of August.Money I have saved for the company will be given in August too.
My sister will come in November.

Not only that. Today He Sent Me a great great moment.

My bf playing with the kitty. She LOVED him, so at least I got her approval LOL.
The BEatles playing. We spent Sunday doing nothing, talking, reading, me, working. It just dawned on me. Not so much ago I was sleeping with the enemy, totally depressed and insecure.

Fast forward I am in a nice apartment with a nice guy smiling and a kitty purring and a job and totally forgetting about the past or the future.

I am truly blessed!! I feel god has seen it for me to be OK..... I am learning what unconditional love is for the first time.... I am just working here at 4 am and I am listening to Lenny Kravitz feeling GREAT.... God really sends angels, doesn't he?? I count all of you as a blessing too.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

hi takingcharge

you post made me smile. "taking charge" is what i am doing in my own life right now, also therapy and antidepressants doing a wonder to help me out of the mess i've been in.

on to the cats i have two and love them to death. my one, Angel has been with me for 17 years. she is my great companion. there were years when it was just her and me. she is the one i would come home and tell about my day and talk to. her i i grew up together really.

my other little luv i just got two years ago and she blinks her eyes all the time. i had NO idea this was a kiss. she "kisses" me a lot.

mine are indoors at ALL times. i know all people have different opinions on this, but i am afraid of the dangers of letting them outside. so, mine are declawed, but only the fronts. i know people have different opinions on this too, but it has worked well for me.

have a great day. so happy you are happy
Old 08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I just put the Soft Paw thingies and I wanted to report I came back alive!!!!!!!! she does not mind them at all.

Forget everything. That is the Best Thing Man has ever done.

Now Dolce can roam all she wants and the furniture will be OK!!!!!! and I play with her with more freedom.. of course she still bites me but well... I realized I can put paint in her paws so we co create drawings... !!

I have taken her outside twice, with a lace but she hates the street and gets very nervous so she prefers to be indoors! There is a little garden outside with my plants so.. so far at 4 months she seems quite content

Now I will bathe her

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!! CATS RULE!!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well Congrats!!!

I have 3 cats and mostly they say: "Serve me human!"..LOL! I adore them! I'm so glad for you they are such good little friends. I have one that follows me even to the bathroom and sits on the end of my tub as I take a bath!!! She really loves me!!! She's my beloved...

If it makes you feel better my cats kind of got out of the scratching thing (well they do under the couch still; like dragging themselves) as they got older...
Old 08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

I have three cats....two females and a male. The male was a handful for the longest time. He did some awful, awful things (like spraying everything that was MINE). I had him neutered and it's helped a lot. He still marks me every once in awhile (usually when I'm seeing someone new). lol My females are great--no issues with them other than they want to eat ALL the time and they will follow me everywhere I go meowing and crying. I hate it but it got to the point where the three of them were going through a 4 lb bag of food in two days so I've had to nip the free feeding in the bud. They get 3 cups a day now and that's it. Mine were spoiled way too much the first few years and now that I'm trying to lay down the law, they've gotten a little unruly. So if you do get one, definately do it in the beginning the way you want it in the end. hehe

I of course strongly urge spaying and neutering (it does help with a lot of the behavioral issues). And I do not at all recommend, am strongly against, declawing. Do anything and everything aside from it. They don't just remove the nail. They actually remove the entire knuckle on down. It effects a lot of things, especially if it's not done correctly (and a vet friend of mine said they don't even teach it in school anymore because many states consider declawing an act of cruelty and has been the basis of many investigations done by PETA).

But I love having a pet in the house (and I actually have 7--3 dogs, 3 cats and a raccoon). They are the reasons for many laughs and smiles around here (especially watching a 200 lb dog and a 2 lb raccoon try to play--it's hilarious!!).
Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

OMG! Pet raccoon! Kv, that is awesome.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Awesome! I hope that the Soft Paws continue to work for you. My fur baby's name is Sydney and I just got him some of the RED soft paws to match his red collar.....he is so stylish! I'm so happy for you TC. Fur Babies are the best!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:08 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

How easy is it to put the soft paws thingies on? I've been considering them for my herd but I value my intact skin too!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

hi book!

i thought it was going to be difficult, but not at all! you just put the cat on your lap and kind of massage the paws so they show... previously you put some glue on the plastic things and just slide them in, they stick instantly & quite well even if the plastics are not exactly the same size!! my kitty was on a playful mood and even then it did not even notice i was putting them on. and afterwards she continued to play as if nothing happened!

it rules when i am able to play with her, carry her, bathe her without fear of her scratching me.. i am very happy..... totally worth it but also because she is staying home, if your cats go out to the street i am afraid they need the paws uncovered to defend themselves!

dolce will be neutered in 2 months........ she also eats, eats, eats but perhaps as you say its better if i fill the bowl for one day and stop giving her so much food when she demands it!

declawing sucks, soft paws are a really good alternative, now if they only paid me for promoting them lol
Old 10-16-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I need your advice once again !

I sense my Dolce is getting bored and I was thinking of adding a second cat to my family so she can have a play partner .

The cat is about 6 months old and a female...

Do you have any recommendation of the age and gender of the second cat so they get along better?

I called people with ads, giving away kitties they can't take care of and I could adopt cats of 3 months of age... males and females are available...

In regards to breed I think they are all mixed ...

I joined a forum for cat owners, vets, etc. but they will take time while I register...

I know about the protocol for introductions and reading about that... I am just wondering if two females would hate each other? I would prefer to have another female....

And thanks all for your help!! Im so excited looking for ... the future GABANNA! So I will have both dolce n gabanna
Old 10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I have four cats - two brothers adopted together from the humane society, both about 2. In may I brought home some kittens from the horse trainer's barn, rehomed one and kept Princess Juliet and Mr. Tucker. They are little orange marmalade kitties and so much fun.

My experience is that boy cats get along really well, girl cats somewhat less well, and if you cant' have two boy cats have a girl and a boy. Oh, and make sure they're spayed or neutered!