Off topic: anyone around here has a cat?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

((TC)) - when I got my 2nd kitten, and the 2 were not getting along, I put them both under a laundry basket (so they couldn't run and I wouldn't get scratched) and said "you are GOING to get along with each other, dammit!!!"
They were at opposite ends of the laundry basket, hissing at each other....sigh.

It took a little while for them to play with each other, and then when they got older they didn't seem to like OR dislike each other....they just tolerated each other.

So, give it a little time with the new kitty. My 3 are grown, and the "mother-hen" cat is one of the males..go figure! He will let me know if one of the other cats is at the door and I haven't heard them. They all have very different personalities and I can't imagine life without all 3 of them.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-29-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
I called the woman that provides some alternative remedies to me. She mentioned a small, beautiful kitty arrived to her home from the street and remembered I said I always dreamed of having a cat.

I would love to have a pet!! but I am worried it will scratch the furniture as it is not mine, I rent the place. It is a female and she said they are more tranquil... what do cat owners have to say? I have no idea how to take care of one.... this woman owns 3 so I will ask her tomorrow...
They will scratch the furniture but if you get a kitten and a scratching post you can train them.

Best training by far is to get a water gun and when you catch them scratching the furniture, shoot them with the water. They eventually will stop.

A pet would be SO GOOD FOR YOU! Do it!!!

I have 5 new kittens. Want one?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I got a call from a friend, she mentioned there was a cat who was cold, who just had 5 kittens 3 days old, in a box near a coworker's home. They haven't even opened their eyes yet and the coworker said that cat has had more kittens again and again... so, TC of course called the lady where she got Gabanna from, and she accepted to receive the cat & kitties on her shelter on Monday!! that lady has rescued animals for decades. She is my heroine.

I went to look for the cat (this was at 1230 pm) and she went out from the box to greet me and was very very friendly! it was a wonderful feeling... now she is resting at one of my rooms...

Dolce and Gabanna are suspicious about something but I put a blanket that smells like them below the door where I keep the other cats,that seemed to relax them...

Now I am surfing to see how I can make their 24 hours with me better.... not sure what to do!! I'll probably call the vet tomorrow and ask... because the mom doesn't look very good...

It feels great to go outside one's life and do something selfless.

It feels good to actually HELP..

Of course pics will be taken, kitties will be named (I need 6 names for cats, suggestions welcome!!) and I will help find responsible owners...
Old 03-06-2010, 11:22 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Gucci
Dior
Prada
Zara
Armani
Valentino

OK got them not sure how many are males/females though...
Old 03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cats are soo cute and elegant and funny,
Old 03-07-2010, 02:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Oh wow! I could never do what you're doing TC. I'd want to keep them all!!! I hope you find them all lovely homes.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

awwww, (TC) you're MY heroine!!! I hope mama kitty is okay and Dolce and Gabanna don't figure it out

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Gris Gris and Natalie can really be a hand full. Love em to death........
Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Sorry. Tried to upload some oics and it didn't work.... oh well
Old 03-07-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

My cats love to be brushed daily and they shed less. The best litter is called The World's Best Litter. It clumps and lasts a month. It is expensive but lasts a long time. Cats are safer indoors. There are now 3 diseases cats can get. They need flea medicine. Mine get packaged Turkey(Butterball) chopped up and love Friskies purple food. They also like the blue Catchow. If they get hairballs you can put a little butter on the side of their dish to help digestion. They like the scratch posts. They are expensive. I have a couple of little ones. I have two cats so they can play with each other. They also have foam balls they like and a couple of little fake mice. They love to sit in the window and watch squirrels and birds.I take them outside on the patio on leashes. pets rock.......but need care and need to be fixed. I am glad you get to keep yours..