The Secret.....

Old 07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

love love love The Secret! The first couple of chapters are kinda tiresome to get through and it seems kinda cheesy at first, but I think there's something to the positive thinking and truly asking for the things you want.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
I cannot repeat the string of delighted swear words I spit out when I read this, coyote. It did begin with "holy" so I hope I can be forgiven.

How great.

Now if I can just get it to work on finding us a house...
Us too, but man I'm getting the strangest feeling about all this. It's a good kind of strange. Like the universe is just lining up present after present for me! It's like the more positive vibes I'm sending out, people are smiling, opening doors for me. (Delivery guy). Had a big beautiful chicken hawk fly right over my truck today. Kid's acting right, daycare lady sending notes home about how "delightful" she is!!!!!! I swear I'm cruising trough life "effortlessly" like they say. "Going with the flow"...it's cool.

I think "Go with the flow" should be a new Alanon slogan.

I used to kid with LMC that we were "the late family", cause we were terminally late for everything. I used to stress all day cause if I don't finish my route by say 5pm, I can't get to LMC by 6pm. I never had enough time, so that's what the universe gave me, not enough time.

Lately I've been saying to myself that I have all the time in the universe. I've been able to get all kinds of stuff done. Yesterday I left work at 5:15, really late. Finally got loose of the Austin traffic and cruised the fast lane at 75, everybody was going 70 and yielding the fast lane to me...the magic of the"cruiser". I made it in record time with time to spare, with out speeding.

I DO have all the time in the universe.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

P.S. A lot of stuff they recommend is Alanon stuff I've been doing for years.

Who knew?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by mystolenshoes View Post
love love love The Secret! The first couple of chapters are kinda tiresome to get through and it seems kinda cheesy at first, but I think there's something to the positive thinking and truly asking for the things you want.
I'm listening to it on cd, my first audio book. I'm far too spoiled now for all that page turning! Ha!

Coyote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Coyote,

I am laughing at the thought of you cruising through traffic in an old police car faking the other commuters out!

Miss
Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
I am laughing at the thought of you cruising through traffic in an old police car faking the other commuters out.....
......listening to The Secret on CD at full volume Hee heeeeee
Old 08-01-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Awakening

I'm on fire you guys

So yesterday LMC and I get to the bottom of our steps on the way to work and daycare, it's not quite light yet, and I notice a wet paper on the ground that sorta looks like a receipt......upon closer inspection, a $5 bill.

Then yesterday after work, we went on our daily stop at the neighborhood HEB for only 2 tall sparkleing waters and $20 cash for our meeting this morning. I got distracted and didn't give it another thought till my eyes opened this am.

Something told me I hadn't gotten my 20 bucks, not the kind of thing I'd usually remember at all, what with being 50 something and all! So armed with nothing but the truth we went back to the grocery, no receipt or anything. The young woman behind the counter said without a receipt she couldn't help me, and besides all the cash drawers had been reconciled and they were collectively $2 dollars off.

Now you have to understand, pre-program I'd have very likely made a fool of myself at this point. But instead I ACCEPTED that that $20 was gone and I must have thrown it away with the receipt. I told LMC that it was right on top and I hope the trash emptier guy saw it and got it, so at least it's not going to molder in a landfill somewhere. Went on with my life.

After the meeting and the handoff of LMC to her big sis for "girls day and night out" I returned to HEB, some 4 hours later, to get some stuff. I was reading an antifreeze bottle when the girl from the courtesy booth this morning approached me and told me that she was very sorry, but she was mistaken this am, that there was one cash drawer left to count....it was $20 over and she had just happened to see me come in and had to hunt me down.

Coincidence? I think not!

I KNOW "The Secret".

Coyote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My favorite passage in the Secret is:

You get to fill the blackboard of your life with whatever you want. If you have filled it in with baggage from the past, wipe it clean. Erase everything from the past that does not serve you, and be grateful that it brought you to this place now, and to a new beginning. You have a clean slate, and you can start over—right here, right now. Find your joy and live it!

(page 178, The Secret).