Feel like I just got sucker punched

Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel like I just got sucker punched

I have had such a great week. I felt like I had really made progress and was getting to a place where I could make some sane decisions about getting out of my marriage. I've been asking God to show me the truth and I got it.

I was out of town overnight for a function for one of my kids (and I took them all). Anyway, I was talking to a friend about my suspicions that my AH is cheating, and so she went by my house last night around 10 and there was a car here. I asked AH who was over and he said no one. I listened to his messages tonight and there were 3 from a lady (and I use that term loosely) he works with. One talked about their plans to get together last night. Is this totally co-dependent? I feel like it was information that I had to have validated to get out. Cheating is my dealbreaker.

So what do I do now? I feel somewhere between beating the holy cr@p out of him and curling up and crying. Any words of wisdom from those that have been there? Is it best just to make the appointment with my attorney to file? Do I even need to bother giving him a chance to explain? Is there really an explanation why a married man would "meet up" with a female co-worker when his wife and 4 kids were out of town?

My friend says to go out, get a big box of trash bags, and start hauling stuff to the curb. She even offered to help. Right now I just want to be sick.....
Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you consider his lying about ??? getting together???? while you were out of town cheating???????

Oh, and I know that sick feeling and I am sorry you are going through this!
(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Old 03-28-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well....I can't figure out why else he would have a female co-worker over when his family was out. He also called 4 times and said he was "checking on us" (and wanted to be sure we weren't coming home early due to weather).
Old 03-28-2009, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think you know what has happened here. It is quite clear that he is cheating. What will you do now that he has done the dealbreaker?

KJ
Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I consulted with an attorney last summer. I'll call her back and get the ball rolling.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

blessed, you know full well what went on in your absence.

It was 10:00pm, for heaven's sake. And he denies there was even anyone AT the house.

Get the ball rolling.

And I am so, so sorry. I remember when I first found out about the infidelity of someone who was pretending to be so honest. "He" also called me to check up on me, make sure I was well, tell me he loved me.

And that was about an hour before he was in bed with another woman. And when I found out, it was like someone had scooped out my insides with a melon baller.

That's my dealbreaker too....although I went back to him for more torture for an additional year, I wouldnt' recommend it. I'm so sorry about how you feel, but I know that in my case if it hadn't happened, I would still be stuck in that purgatory.

Big, big hugs to you my friend. You deserve better than this.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
. And when I found out, it was like someone had scooped out my insides with a melon baller.
That pretty much sums it up. I do know what went on, and I still don't WANT to believe it. But I have to, and I don't think giving him a chance to explain will do anything but raise more self-doubt. He is a master manipulator, and VERY good at bringing out that doubt.

As crazy as it sounds it helps to hear you say "you know what went on". Not that I should need it, but it is validating.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((blessed4x)))))

Let this be your bottom for what you will tolerate from him - especially the next time he's conjuring that fog of doubt.

As for the sick feeling... Let yourself grieve. No words can make it go away. Only time. Call in your supports and hang in there. We're here rooting for you
Old 03-28-2009, 10:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If I could turn back the clock, blessed, I would NOT have confronted my X with his infidelity. I had the proof, I knew what had happened, when, where, with who, everything.

Because I confronted him, and because he was such a MASTER manipulator and raised a smokescreen of self-doubt, I sacrificed another year of my life (three or four years if you want to count the abuse and harrassment and stalking that followed) on his altar -- thousands of dollars and tears and wasted minutes later, I was finally free. I would like to have all of that back.

My point is that I KNEW what was true. Giving him a chance to lie, then manipulate, then apologize and beg and wheedle, was just my own fears kicking in. I WANTED him to do all of that because I was afraid of change. But it turned out to be awful beyond belief, and I would hate for you to have to go through that.

The right time will come for confrontations. You will know it, because you will feel strong in your shoes, and you will feel very different about him.

Hugs to you, my friend, to get through the next few days. Cry all you need to, and gather your support system around you tightly (I like your friend already...) You deserve a life that is peaceful and happy, and I don't think you'll ever have it with this lying, deceitful, manipulative man. And yes, that's just my opinion.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to read this blessed4X but I believe in God and I believe that he answered your question.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If nothing else, consider the fact that he may bring something - like a disease - into your home that he isn't going to be able to b******t his way out of.

I will be thinking of you today and praying for strength on your behalf.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((blessed)))

I'm sorry you are going through this. Trust your gut.. it is rarely wrong in these situations and far more reliable a barometer than the A.

If I were you and I thought my SO had committed a dealbreaker like infidelity.. I would not confront him... I would just give him his marching orders and change the locks. I'd get myself the tools I need to make decisions (e.g. legal advice etc.) and some space to think and decide what I wanted to do. Then and only then would I entertain discussing anything with him.

Even if it turns out he hasn't been unfaithful, I'd be listening to my gut on the lack of trust in the relationship and still asking myself whether this is a man I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

I will be thinking of you today and wishing you well. :ghug
Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((blessed)))

sorry friend that you are in pain.

re confronting him, would you believe what he said if he denied any infidelity? and if he admitted it, would that make you feel better?

I think you are already pretty sure what he'd say, and that would just leave you confused, not trusting him, but not trusting your gut, and the evidence either.

:ghug2

Last edited by JenT1968; 03-29-2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: shamefully poor grammar and spelling :(
Old 03-29-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so sorry for your pain and understand it all too well. My ex-H cheated on me with one of his music students.....on top of all of that, he started being really critical of me when all this was going on. I guess he thought he needed to validate his cheating by casting me in a bad light somehow. It is the most gut-wrenching emotional pain I have experienced, and the flood of various emotions that followed was numbing and confusing.

Just know that he made his decision and now you get to make yours. You are worthy of love and respect!!! Please be kind to yourself and know you are a valuable and loveable woman!!! Hugs and prayers, HG
Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
.....so HP sends a freight train.
That gave me a smile this morning! Cheating IS a dealbreaker. It's the one thing for me that there is just NO weaseling out of. I'm not the kind of gal that can move on and learn to trust someone who has violated me on that level. More power to those that can......but I say screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Okay, so when I found out my EXAH was passed out in front of the computer, he was chatting with his girls friend on line, I got to read everything. At first my heart sank, then anger, I kicked him rel hard, he worke up started screaming, punching walls in front of our kids and my girlfriends kids.
I didn't give him the chance to pack I threw him out right then and there.
Now it has been a struggle but I'm doing fine, and my kids are good too.
So I guess you can say I'm on the same page as your friend, He needs to go.
We love you here!
Kermie
Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
If I could turn back the clock, blessed, I would NOT have confronted my X with his infidelity. I had the proof, I knew what had happened, when, where, with who, everything.

Because I confronted him, and because he was such a MASTER manipulator and raised a smokescreen of self-doubt, I sacrificed another year of my life
(three or four years if you want to count the abuse and harrassment and stalking that followed) on his altar -- thousands of dollars and tears and wasted minutes later, I was finally free. I would like to have all of that back.

My point is that I KNEW what was true. Giving him a chance to lie, then manipulate, then apologize and beg and wheedle, was just my own fears kicking in. I WANTED him to do all of that because I was afraid of change. But it turned out to be awful beyond belief, and I would hate for you to have to go through that.

The right time will come for confrontations. You will know it, because you will feel strong in your shoes, and you will feel very different about him.

Hugs to you, my friend, to get through the next few days. Cry all you need to, and gather your support system around you tightly (I like your friend already...) You deserve a life that is peaceful and happy, and I don't think you'll ever have it with this lying, deceitful, manipulative man. And yes, that's just my opinion.
This was exactly my experience as well, except for I saw it with my own eyes

She denied it to the end

She actually made me doubt what I saw....with my own two eyes.

I would leave her, she would beg me to come back, it would all begin again.

When I finally left, she had nothing to do with that decision, if that makes sense, no confrontation, I was actually pretty gentle, just,

"I have to go, this situation is an unhealthy one for me."

I was "done" with the confrontations and the fighting, nothing was ever solved, and she never "saw" me anyway, you know? It was always all about her.

I tried "explaining" for nearly two years, and she never did get it.

I am so sorry.

I know how much it hurts.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am a firm believer that when the student is ready the teacher appears and that sometimes my HP had to send a freight train cause I just wouldn't listen.

My freight train was inidelity too, and I did confront and was further manipulated for an additional year. I did manage to throw him out the day I found out about the affair...he snuck back in a few months later while the kids and I were visiting my family who were giving me support. He again "stayed out all night" 8 months after that, and that time I did manage to bag up all his stuff and put it outside. I will never forget the look on his face because he thought I would forever tolerate his BS.

I wish I could have tossed him the first time for good, but for me it was a process. I thoroughly damaged my ability to trust myself and trust my gut and realize I am a good woman, I deserve respect, I KNOW what I know. I just had to reach my own personal bottom. Once that happened I have been making overall steady progress to a healthy self (with a few slips ). Was it easy? HELL NO! Has it been worth it? A million times over.

We are here for you Blessed, and I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chrysalis123 View Post
I am a firm believer that when the student is ready the teacher appears and that sometimes my HP had to send a freight train cause I just wouldn't listen.
This was so true for me. Even though I knew deep down that the A XBF was cheating on me while we were still in a supposed monogomous relationship, I just couldn't bring myself to face that fact. So, my HP thankfully stepped in and sent a freight train my way that rolled right over me and I could no longer NOT face reality. I've never confronted the A XBF about his affairs. There is no sense in going to a hardware store for bread, which is what trying to have a serious conversation with a person active in their addiction is like. He knows that I know. When a person cuts someone off and refuses to talk to them like I did my A XBF ....I have a hunch that deep down he knows why he doesn't get the pleasure of being allowed in my life anymore.

The one thing that I am now able to face is that his first and only love is alcohol. Everything and everyone will always come second to his addiction.

:ghug3 to you!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((Blessed))
BTDT more than once LOL!
And isn't it funny how women can form groups to stop drunk drivers, support breast cancer victims,start womens shelters, and yet for some, all that supposed love toward and for other women, they don't have the guts to say No Thanks, Your Married!

Not saying that the blame lies on anyone else's head except your husbands but I like to think that there would be less cheating if those words were said.

As for me I believe in God's gonna get ya! So trust your gut and take care of you, and leave him to the Big Guy.

Linda