looking for a sponsor

Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

looking for a sponsor

will somebody please be my sponsor
lisacdaisy x
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would if I could, but I'm pretty new in Al-anon myself. Maybe I can help some way?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi im basically just looking for somebody I can keep in touch with each day to help guide me through the miserable place I seem to have ended up in
thanks
I am the wife of an alcoholic
lisacdaisy
Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you attend Alanon meetings? If so, at the end of the meeting potential sponsors volunteer themselves. I would recommend a f2f real life sponsor vs. an online sponsor if at all possible.

Good luck!

:ghug3
Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been to alanon many times had a sponsor there but lost touch through the years.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep coming back here for support & encouragement. You'll find help. If you're in a position to hear a man's input, I don't know. I'm also an alcoholic in recovery.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

maybe you could help my partner is a binge drinker, and at the moment we have seperated happens every eight weeks when my partner causes so much of an argument and is so cynical and cruel to me I have no choice to ask him to leave, since he left two weeks ago he has had his week binge must have been a bad one as now he is attending meetings, I have asked him to come home, he says its finished, I asked him to talk he has agreed to that, so at least there is hope, I just need the right words to say, as I dont want to offend him or make him feel this is all his fault, I do blame alcohol for this mess, but he blames me, or I am his excuse, what do you think he wants to hear at this moment. I am lost as to understand his point of view as we are looking through different angles, as you are recovering can you relate to where I,m coming from. any words or suggestions welcome, he is 41.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hmmm...he's the same age as I am.

Finger pointing doesn't solve anything. Is he trying to get sober? It's difficult to reason with alcohol. Remember the three C's: You didn't cause it. You can't control it. You can't cure it.

Alcohol is cunning, baffling, & powerful. Without help, it is too much for us. Are there any Al-anon meetings in your area?

Since I can't get into your husband's mind, I can't tell you exactly what he wants to hear. If he's trying to get sober, then there might be hope. Reason things out rationally, without trying to over analyze things, or rationalize them.

I know you must want desperately to say all the right things to fix it. You could end up saying all the right things and still have it fail miserably. Pray. Give it over to God.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you, I will just need to have patience and see what happens,
thank you gor helping me through today.
lisacdaisy