Am I really crazy, or is he?

Old 08-07-2003, 09:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Jojo
Thank you for the advice! I always seem to just rush into these things, then can't figure out what happened, when it all goes wrong. Most guys around here, DONT want to just be friends first, though.. Just got back from the ballgame, the Cardinals won, 3-0.. YAY...
Old 08-07-2003, 11:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Paused

Lifelove,

Run Girl....... this guy has lost his mind...... run and don't look back..... I wouldn't give this guy the time of day...... you need to quit talking to him...... don't pay any attention to him at all..... believe me........ he's done you a HUGE favor by running off with this Barmaid.... ( sound's like they deserve each other).... he's a married man with mental problems and a alcohol problem...... you don't need or want that!!!!
Please.......... why would you want to spend your life on a roller coaster..... your life would turn upside down.......if you ever say anything to him........ Thank him for sparing you the heartach..... and tell him your getting on with you life and he's not in it.....
Good luck to you...... keep your chin up......... life goes on and it will be for the better.......
Old 08-08-2003, 05:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Paused

Good morning, Where, and thank you for the advice!
Yes, my rational mind realizes that EVERYTHING you have said here is SOOOO true! I guess the big thing with me is I am one of those" believe in love at first sight" romantic type people, and tha is what I thought we had, at first. Marrying a barmaid a few weeks later just showed he REALLY did NOT love me. The fact that he teases me so bad about being married, look at my beautiful ring type stufff, just tells me even more, that he didn't really care for me, at all!
Yes, the best thing to do is get on with life, and I am not going to be able to talk to him, even in polite conversation. It is still way too fresh in my mind, and hurts way too bad.
My boss told hm yesterday to leave me alone, and stay away from me, or he would have to find another office to rent. That would help, if he would just LEAVE! Then I wouldn't feel like it is being rubbed in my face all day, every day that he comes to work.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi (((((((Life)))))))))))

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

And yes RUN LIKE HELL, and get some help for you hon.

This isn't about this man, its about YOU and why you allow yourself to obsess over a man who is abusive, controlling and an untreated alcoholic..... whether he is still drinking or not, its untreated alcoholism.

And even if this man gets sober, the behaviors, the thinking, the blaming you and the inability to look at himself will continue until he takes the actions required to look at himself and change the person he is.

The same applies to you.... your thinking, your behaviors and your inability to look at you will continue until you become sick and tired of being sick and tired......and DO something about it.... take the actions necessary to get better one day at a time.

In reality this isn't about HIM.... its about YOU hon.

He is addicted to booze and drugs.......and we become addicted to them.

Give yourself a wonderful birthday gift......and get to Alanon meetings. That will be the best birthday gift that you ever received! Its a gift that you can give yourself, that keeps on giving

Love
Patsy
Old 10-08-2003, 09:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Has anybody considered the poor barmaid. She sounds like a poor dumb kid. Who else would be so desperate as to marry some jerk like that.

The next time you feel sorry for him, think about how hes treating her.