Can't Have Kids! What to do???

Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
God's Kid

I already have a daughter but my older sisiter doesn't have kids yet. Sometimes my sponsor says to her, if she can't have kids she can have one of my younger sisters one, as the younger one has them but can't look after them! The first 2 are living with our parents.

I'm also in my 30's and a lot of my friends are 'wanting children' and a few of them are unable too, or have never successfully carried a pregnacy to full term. I.e. miscarried.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day who, like yourself, has recently started dating a guy and was wondering wether she should tell him that she may not be able to have kids, as he REALLY wants them.

Personally, as others have said basing a relationship on 'having kids' is not the best of ideas as children are meant to be out of the result of love for one another, not because so we can find out what it's like to be a mummy or daddy.

I don't think men nor woman, should be seen as a 'baby making factory'.

I admire him telling you what he did, up front but I am unsure if you need to make a decision about any of it, right now.

And if he was telling you after 2.5 weeks that he loved you, I would advise that you RUN. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. That to me signals abuse somewhere in the near future.....

:codiepolice
Old 10-04-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your advice and I agree but I want to make it clear that he did not say I love you yet, because also to me that would be a major red flag. My point was he told me his situation before we even got that close yet to say I love you. But I decided last night to take it one day at a time. I do not have to make any decision right now, like it was stated who is to say in three months I will even care to continue this relationship. I just think that he told me this problem because he wants to be straight up and honest and not lead me to believe any lies. And for that I thank him. I do like him and I plan to tell him today that I would like to still date and see how it goes and if things progress in the future then we can retalk about this situation again. Thank you all agian for your help