Questions for recovering alcoholics

Old 03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Questions for recovering alcoholics

Especially if you lost your relationships to alcohol.
A little background here is that I became a scapegoat for my exes illness, and now where he insisted he was so in love with my all this time, he now says that he never loved me and doesn't even like me. Is he just saying this to hurt me? Or is it true. How can a person just shut off emotion over night? Were you just using your ex? Do you think he was using me? Did you ever miss your ex during recovery or admit to them that it wasn't thier fault?
I had trust issues before, well now they are out of the ballpark and I am struggling with the possibility that I will never let another person in, especially if he doesn't come around and explain to me what truly was going on with him all that time. 3 years is a lot of time to live with someone you don't even like, isn't it?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your pain.. I was trying to find the sticky written by an A .. it is worth the read .. I will keep looking

Does he mean it - hard to say but while they are deep in thier addiction nothing matters .. not even us...

welcome .. read and post you will find much love and support here

shakarris
Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

You can check out the "newcomers to recovery" section here at SR...its kind of a meeting ground for co-dependents and alcoholics/addicts.

Great questions. I know they could answer them for you.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The behavior you describe is very typical of an alcoholic. They project blame onto those around them so that they don't have to deal with their disease. My A son has spat so many angry words at me...hateful, mean words.

I can't get good answers from my A son when he is in active addiction. Asking questions of him is an invitation for more pain.

Stick around. You may find the answers you are looking for but not necessarily from recovering alcoholics.

gentle hugs