Serious Red Flags Last Night AND I NOTICED!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Talking Serious Red Flags Last Night AND I NOTICED!

Hi all,

Happy New Year! Hope you all had an awesome night!

HERE'S A LAUGH FOR YOU....

Last night we all went out for Chinese food then to a local bar near my house to play pool and ring in the new year! So there was probably 8 of us and we were having fun and this guy came up to me and started talking. I am certainly not looking for anyone at the moment but he was nice and it was new years so i casually chatted and we were talking about what we did for work and THEN IT HAPPENED!!!

I told him what i did and then he proceeded to tell me that he had a really good job working for the Union but lost it due to his SECOND DUI!!! My eyes bugged out of my head and i said "Heather RUN for the hills as fast as you can"!!! Of course he had an excuse for the dui because he was in his driveway and couldn't believe it...blah blah blah, as he's standing there drinking beer after beer talking to me .... ICK. Pretty bad when my brother and friends said "He reminds me of J" YIKES!!

So anyway, he asked for my number....i literally froze and he noticed and said i didn't have to if i didn't want to. So not being rude, i gave it but i'll keep on my straight and narrow path at the moment thank you!

p.s. All day i haven't been living it down that his name was Shannon and my brother keeps saying...."has Rachel called, has Becky called" every girl name in the book lol!!! I happen to have liked it myself!!! Oh God, i NEED to be single a bit!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Run as fast as you can, I always find it easy to not give my # out I just say i'm already spoken for... Well I am just ask my 3 kids 4 dogs and 2 hamsters
Old 01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Kermit, you are so right, darn it!...i was so taken back because i want nothing to do with a guy right now so when he asked, i was literally a deer in headlights and paused lol. If he did call, i can be honest and tell him i'm not looking to go out.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Good girl, just don't be giving that # out K? I met a guy and we have be chating on line, at first it was nice but then we sarted flirting , now he has gotten weird like it is all about him and sex, I pulled the plug, just right now 5 min ago I too need to stay single!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that's funi :rof

it's as if life is saying "are you sure ???"

Ya know...I can probably be a millionair if i print T-*****.

"Born to be wild" on front
"Alki magnet" on the back

no...no..here's a better one.
A white t shirt with a RED FLAG on it.lol
"alki wanted"
Old 01-01-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

SaTit...I KNOW LOL!!!

But who knows, cause i've did it with J and if i hadn't gone through what i've been going through its sad to say but i may have overlooked it, which i competely have learned my lesson...i hope!! No, i have
Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

:rofI say do it SaTiT, make the shirts! I will buy the first one
Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

what about "fake phone number"? ur a nice one like me, men like him know where to spot woman like us...be careful and please dont take this mans call!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I thought of a fake number but he told me he lives a few streets over, so that means he lives between me and the bar!! So MY LUCK i would run into him as i walk and jog that area....he seemed nice enough so i didn't want to be mean to him!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

they are allll nice in the beginning darling!!!! just dont answer...plain and simple.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

My guess is that the majority of folks who choose to hang out in bars and shoot pool are all waving red flags. That's why I choose to hang out elsewhere.

I spent New Year's eve at the local Silver Diner enjoying down home food with my sister. I was home by 9:00 and off the roads before the drunkerds headed home for the night. There's virtually no chance of meeting up with an alcoholic or hanging out with folks who enjoy getting drunk if I stay away from their favorite hang outs.

I just have to ask, why on earth would someone give their number out to a man they have no interest in? Unless, of course, deep down they're hoping to receive a phone call. What's wrong with saying no?
Old 01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Here's my rough draft.lol

Here's the coded version..this way i can keep my anonymity

Last edited by SaTiT; 01-01-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The radar version.lol

Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

SaTiT you are a freakin riot!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Here's my broken Picker version :rof

opps..I'm laughing so hard i miss spell...oh well...it's all mess up anywho.

actaully it sounds better or it fits better...akli.lol

Old 01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DII

Run
Old 01-01-2008, 10:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I wrote this song for a freind that i met here on SR a few years back.
Or maybe I wrote it for me...
anyway..she wouldn't leave even if she wanted too.
She felt so powerless to do so.
I don't know if anyone can understand it

Old 01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
I thought of a fake number but he told me he lives a few streets over, so that means he lives between me and the bar!! So MY LUCK i would run into him as i walk and jog that area....he seemed nice enough so i didn't want to be mean to him!!!
Okay, he lives in your vicinity. Have you run into him prior to the other night? Why would refusing to give him your number or giving him a phoney number, or just telling him you are not interested be "mean"???? He even TOLD YOU that you didn't have to give him your number if you didn't wish to.

Sorry, hbb, but this is about you and doesn't have a thing to do with him. The guy is an A, but he wasn't going to get all bent if you didn't give him your number.

If you want to go to the local hangout to play pool, that's great. I'm glad you're doing things you enjoy. But you met a guy who practically had "PRACTICING ALKIE" plastered on his teeshirt. No need to feel obligated to give him your phone number, your name, your sign, your address, or give it a second thought if you run into him again.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

SaTit- LOVE those posts! Those are great! So funny.
Heather, I'm glad you had fun last night. And i'm also very proud of you for recognizing your awareness. good for you. You are moving forward. It may be slowly, but one step at a time. ()
ps- if he does call, just tell him you were so into him you went shopping for wedding rings today. That'll scare him off.
.Ha. Ha.
KIDDING.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

i didn't want to be mean

You have to stop worrying about what other people think of you, hbb. This is the only life you have and it's all out there to live on your terms.

It was what I felt about myself in order to not really break things off with XABF. I cared more about what he thought about me than I did for myself.

men like him know where to spot woman like us

Go bury your head in Beyond Co-dependency and re-read those chapters about how to stop falling for the "wrong" people.

ARL