Serious Red Flags Last Night AND I NOTICED!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by geees poncho View Post
It's a good thing this guy wasn't a Rolls Royce salesman
you'd be driving a fancy new car.
Real funny!!! I'm not that bad, it was a cell phone number not a night away in the Hamptons!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

what i ment was its a good thing he didn't ask you to by a car.
aaaah never mind. anyway i'm on your side

LEAVE HEATHER ALONE!!!
and QUIT PICKEN ON HER!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

GOOD JOB!!!!
I always fell for sob stories. Now I know better. They are just people looking for someone to use for their own benefit.

DUI? I just read about the idiot who killed that mother and 3 children while he was drunk driving on the wrong side of the road. I feel no sympathy for the person who drinks and drives. They deserve all the punishment they receive.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
GOOD JOB!!!!
I always fell for sob stories. Now I know better. They are just people looking for someone to use for their own benefit.

DUI? I just read about the idiot who killed that mother and 3 children while he was drunk driving on the wrong side of the road. I feel no sympathy for the person who drinks and drives. They deserve all the punishment they receive.
Thanks WW ~ Couldn't agree with you more! My ex and i would fight over this very topic. He would leave a bar so drunk he couldn't even see. I would say things to him like what if it was your mother or brother and nieces and nephew coming the other way?? Do you ever think about that? He would shrug it off until he got sober (dry sober i may add) and said he followed his brother drunk one night and knew why i was worried. First of all, why was he following his DRUNK brother, how much did he really learn???

I was badly hit and run, car totaled by a drunk driver in my late teens with a couple of friends. We were all ok, but it was very scary
Old 01-04-2008, 04:31 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I've definitely changed my routine when it comes to parties. On New Year's, I drank my bubbly right off the bat, then quit. A couple hours later when the ball dropped, I was sipping non-alcoholic sparkling. So when I drove home, if there had been a checkpoint, I would have passed with flying colors.

Either I sleep over, or I quit early. And it feels GOOD.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBrown View Post
How about:
"Sorry, I just got RID of a drunken loser and have the therapy bills to prove it?"
A little rude?
You are so rude
I would say something more polite;

"I suppose you are waiting til you wipe out a family of 5, then sobriety will catch you in the butt, in prison that is"

When I met the drunk educated lady, some guy claiming to be her friend, and also claiming to manage some bar, was all over her trying to coax her to his place.

In the bar/disco industry, there is no lack of crapola predators, usually men, that live for preying on drunk or drugged women. Some are managers, bouncers, owners, servers, policemen. You would think they'd know that sex with a conscious actively participating partner is more enjoyable. Or perhaps "consciousness" would preclude anyone from sleeping with them.

Before my wife became alcoholic, she worked at a bar/disco part time and used to tell me how disgusting these guys were. At private parties I even had the pleasure to meet them.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

My ex thought he was invincible, it wasn't going to happen to him. Do you know how many times i told him that i wished he got pulled over. He couldn't even believe i said that. It's true. I wish it on anyone who thinks it's ok to hop in a car. I actually had a friend's husband tell me that he drove BETTER when drunk......WHAT???? What does that even mean??

Anyways, yes some of those at clubs and places like that or work there are predators. Thankfully my club days are over, don't miss some those sleazy guys at those places. Not saying that the guy at New Years was prince charming but he was ok to talk to at the moment but certainly was not pursuing anything further with him
Old 01-10-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Heather there is a website called notmynumber.com it gives a phone number for different states that you can give out as your fake phone number. Basically, if a guy asks for your number and your not interested you can give this fake number. When the guy calls it they reach a funny little message letting them know they have essentially been rejected. Its rather funny.