It's True....

Old 12-15-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by geees poncho View Post
remember this time you get to do the picking. and be fussy!!
LOL!! Thank you this is what i set out to do last time!!!! Didn't quite work out that way!! Oh and the white horse, it was more like an 80 year old donkey (ass) lol!!!!! Thanks for the encouragement....i love you guys
Old 12-15-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

How cool to see you saying LOL, Heather! Glad you're smiling today!

I understand what you mean about not taking. You want to be nice to someone without the expectation of getting something in return?

I bet if we found men like that, we wouldn't know how to act! Well, maybe not today! We'll get there.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thinking of you just a few minutes ago, Heather. My daughter came home form a visit with XAH, and was hurt because she had seen a Christmas card he had written to his mom, signed by both him and his new GF.
Had a moment of sinking heart, stomach tightening, blood draining reaction. Just a moment. Then I took a deep breath and let it go ...
I know what life is like with XAH. If thats what she wants, good luck to her.
More than likely, she's in her own denial.
Not my problem!
This used to take me days to work out, rationalize, analyze. Now it's just a moment.
You'll get there, too!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by guineapigjude View Post
Then I took a deep breath and let it go ...
I know what life is like with XAH. If thats what she wants, good luck to her.
More than likely, she's in her own denial. Not my problem!

Hugs to you too Judy. There's no way around it, it stinks but you hit the nail on the head. I know they don't have a happy life together, they have a very less than average life together. I know in my heart that i did my best and that the other shoe will drop with them baby or not. He'll see the grass isn't greener.

Tonight i'm having 15 for a Christmas Yankee swap so that should be fun and i'm not going to lie, i'm going to get cozy with the Captain lol!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good for you, Heather! Kiss the Captain for me! LOL!
Old 12-15-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by heather
I guess i always thought that if i ruffled any feathers along the way, than they wouldn't want to be with me or think i was a bitch.
Dahlin' I hope every unhealthy male that gets around you thinks you are an unapproachable bitch and that you will give them every reason to think that you are one.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

haha! Thanks! I don't think i could be that way to a guy if i tried!! It's hard for me, i have to remember i'm no longer a pushover!!! :codiepolice
Old 12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Why does there have to be a motive? I did do those things for him because i wanted to, i would take nothing in return even if he wanted too.
When I do something for others I have a motive. Perhaps I want them to like me, or do something in return for me. Perhaps I want to make myself feel better or more powerful or just appreciated. But there is always a motive behind any action I take--for myself or others. There is always something I want or need in return.

When I choose a partner who's personal or professional life is in turmoil or who earns significantly less than me, or who's finances are a mess I have a motive. It may be subconscious and hidden well below the surface, but I still have a motive.

Digging down deep to determine what motivated my behavior was hard work. But it was necessary in order for me to understand how I ended up with a partner who was a mess and more importantly why I stayed with him for 25 years.

Eventually, I came to the realization that I chose a partner who was struggling professionally, personally, and financially because it made me feel better than him. And that made me feel better about myself. In short, I used him to inflate my ego because I had terrible self esteem. And it was as wrong of me to take advantage of his weakened/depressed/intoxicated state as it was of him to use me to take care of all his responsibilities so he could get drunk every day without a care in the world. Whether folks call this type of relationship co-dependent, just plain dependent, unhealthy, or sick makes no difference to me. It was just plain wrong.

I claimed that I was dependent on him because I loved him, and I did love him. But the reality of the situation was that I was dependent on him because I felt powerful around him. I used him and he used me. There was always a motive behind my actions.

The hard part is figuring out what those motives are. Does that make sense?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
In general yes, i wouldn't take much in return, but i've always been that way even with friends and family. I don't know why i don't and know it should be 50/50 in a relationship. I guess because when he and i were dating, i was in a MUCH better position than he was. But i also thought it was a rough patch, didn't know it had been going back since his early 20's.

I'm hopefully going to work through the giving and not receiving part! I guess i always thought that if i ruffled any feathers along the way, than they wouldn't want to be with me or think i was a bitch. I think my friend hit the nail on the head when she said that J probably would have stayed if i DIDN'T treat him as well. It's all he knows from his past....i think that's sad to never NOT want dysfunction and i can't live that way.
Hit the nail on the head right there, Heather! That is a very good example of your self-awareness.

Why do you need to be liked? Why do you care if people think that you're a bitch? If they really love you, they will accept you.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that "bitches" generally get exactly what they want. Bitches don't settle. Perhaps it would behoove you to be more of a bitch.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

That's terrible ......but I get ya thou.

some people on this site think I'm a basturd :rof
Old 12-15-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by Sydney Bristow View Post
Hit the nail on the head right there, Heather! That is a very good example of your self-awareness.

Why do you need to be liked? Why do you care if people think that you're a bitch? If they really love you, they will accept you.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that "bitches" generally get exactly what they want. Bitches don't settle. Perhaps it would behoove you to be more of a bitch.
I know, but i can't by nature!! You see, his ex he went back to has a reputation for being AWFUL and all family and friends hate her and i never want to be that person. I do think however, that i really need to stand my own ground and demand more respect from others. Bottom line is J couldn't have loved or even cared about me to do the things he did. Or he's that screwed in the head, who knows. I can't figure it out!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Feeling better..getting cleaer ?

Booo yaaaa.... U figure it out...lol
That you can't figure it out.

That's why you been going crazy , trying to figure out.lol

I don't know.....
Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Just remeber dahlin' that people who want to use you will think you are bitch if you do not let them.

Take your time getting to know someone so you can see their true colors before giving them your heart. Before becomeing sexually intimate with a man you want to know if he has integrity and you might not know that from a person you just met who is perhaps only acting like they have something to offer you other than a broken heart.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaTiT View Post
some people on this site think I'm a basturd :rof

(understand what you are saying,though that we will never please everyone)
Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hey SaTit ~ to quote Cats Pajamas ~
~~ What other people think of me is really none of my business ~~
Don't sweat the small stuff!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I think i am feeling better SaTit, thank you

And your not a basta&d! Far from it, i love your posts and your caring ways. You have a lot of compassion for us here!

I did have fun last night at my party and can really say i wasn't consumed with thoughts of him today. I'm forcing otherwise, and trying to go with it for the moment because this will probably pass to and i'll feel it again.