Can we talk about

Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry in advance, Best, but as far as I'm concerned the Corinthians can go fly a kite.

My body belongs to me. His body belongs to him. When we can share them freely and lovingly with each other, that is a joyous occasion, the kind of occasion we hoped and prayed for when we married.

The Bible can be scoured for a justification for or against anything at all....it all depends on interpretation and on how hard you look. For a so-called counselor to say "thou shalt put out" (whether or not you feel the connection, puke or no puke, lest you burn in hell, because if you're not putting out with your husband then you're automatically going to be looking for it somewhere else....) ......that's just ridiculous and backwards and COMPLETELY unhelpful. Drooling in the recliner??? Wow, lemme at him. Hubba hubba.

Respekt, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It's not what you hoped and prayed for when you married. It may take a long time, and a proven period of sobriety (and no drooling) to build up the kind of respect and trust and safety that creates physical desire again....be gentle with yourself, be firm with your boundaries, have hope.

Hugs to you,
GiveLove
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
Sorry in advance, Best, but as far as I'm concerned the Corinthians can go fly a kite.
The proper context for such verses needs start back in Genesis.
Eve ate the apple but God said...Adam you sinned.

My body belongs to me. His body belongs to him. When we can share them freely and lovingly with each other, that is a joyous occasion, the kind of occasion we hoped and prayed for when we married. My body belongs to my wife...on loan from God

The Bible can be scoured for a justification for or against anything at all....Yes out of context as most poeple take the above verses
The oneness of responsability starts with the man. When Paul wrote to the Corinthian Church... the problems he was addressing... Men being lackadaisical and women doing what ever they wanted to do. Pauls letter was to bring order back to the church and guidance... not commandments.
Do this...this way and you will find favor with God.
Do this ...this way and your life will go smoother.

They say in meeting that there are suggestions we should follow. Does life stop if we don't follow them? No but life sure does go smoother. Corinthians is a guide that helps life go smoother. A full study of the verses "in context" would give much more answers then most people accept them as.
It starts with the man doing what he should and it also guides the woman to what is best in God's eyes.