Well, things do get worse....

Old 05-08-2003, 09:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Debbie,

So sorry this happened. It doesn't take long for disaster to hit once they start drinking again. Maybe pressing charges so everything is covered might not be a bad idea. Sounds like you are trying to take the brunt of his consequences. Let him pay the consequences.

He did it. He should fix it.

I hope you can sleep tonight.

Hugs,
MG

Old 05-08-2003, 10:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Margo, Yes, he wasn't thinking. Unbelievable.

MG, Oh believe me, I am not taking the fall for this one. I know I won't be able to discuss it with him yet. I really dont want to file a claim at all but I can't afford to get the stuff fixed. So maybe, he will just have to sell his boat to pay for his mess. I can honestly say, I don't know if I could press charges but the bottom line is, without my car, there is no way to get to work, and no work means no money. So.....we shall see.

I am going to bed now.

I'll check in tomorrow/later. Seems I will be home most of the weekend unless I can get my car somewhere for an estimate.

Good night!!

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-08-2003, 10:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can't believe they are sending him home. I just kind of wish you could get a good night sleep and deal with everything tomorrow. I agree with everything MG said. I know it's hard but you have to take care of yourself. Forget about selling the boat if ins doesn't cover it. He should sell the boat to pay the $500 deductable.

You do whatever you think is best. I am going to get some tea too. It sounds so good. Extra Extra big hugs and I am going to say a big prayer for you tonight. You're such a great person and you don't deserve to be going through so much heartache.

Sometimes god puts stuff like this in our path for a reason. It just takes a while to figure the reason out.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally posted by barbiedeb
I am going to bed now.

I'll check in tomorrow/later. Seems I will be home most of the weekend unless I can get my car somewhere for an estimate.

Good night!!

Many hugs,
Debbie
G'nite and I hope it's as safe and peaceful as possible.

More hugs

phoenix
Old 05-08-2003, 10:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Nite Deb,

I know you'll work it out.

It's always harder to deal with this stuff at night.

Hugs,
MG

Old 05-09-2003, 01:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I just wanted to give you a big hug ****{barbiedeb}}}!!!!

I am so very sorry to hear what happened. It is so WRONG!!!

Hopefully you will beable to get some sleep and maybe with the help of our prayers,and hugs and your tea the morning will bring a new outlook and not be so dismal!!

Take care of YOU! He will have to take FULL responsibility. What was he thinking? Oh yeah, they don't think now do they.

prayers&hugs,
matters
Old 05-09-2003, 03:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Good Morning,

Well just thought I'd give you an update, not really too much of an update. I fell asleep for a few hours and he never did come home so I am not sure what happened to him. I guess I will find out later.

So my plan for today is talk to the ins company some more, talk to the neighbor about his fence and hopefully start to get a few things taken care of. But I think the first thing I need is a few pots of coffee!!

I just wanted to say again, thanks for caring - your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated.

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-09-2003, 03:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

I'm glad you're safe.

I can go to sleep now...
Old 05-09-2003, 04:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Thanks Jon, please do get some sleep. It has to be what 2 am where you are?

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-09-2003, 05:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am so sorry this is happening in your life!

Like Smoke, I am amazed they let him out last night, I would have thought it would be an overnight sober-up?!?! If he was riled up, I guess that it is better that he went out instead of coming home?? Like that helps you any????

I am just sorry that such as beautiful person as you are is in this situation of anguish and difficulty.

I know tons of prayers ang good wishes are charging your way!

hugs,

live
Old 05-09-2003, 07:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Barbiedeb}}}

I wasn't on last night, and missed this, but I just want to send hugs and say that you are in my prayers.

Sell the boat. You can use the money and an alcoholic and boats just don't mix.

I know that you will do whatever feels right for you, but just know that we are right beside you and love you.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Morning Debbie! Good to know you were able to get some sleep. A plan is good - glad to know you've got one in place for the day.

I'm with Ann - he should sell the boat to cover the cost of this. There's no way that this should cost you one dime.

Take care, and let us know how you got on today when you have a chance.

Love and hugs.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey all

Well, when you think you can get some stuff done, it just never works out. They say I need to wait until Monday to talk to an adjuster. Boy, they sure get mad and are ready to drop a person if they are day late with their insurance premium but let you need them once, and they make you wait.....that annoys me.

Still haven't heard from him, another annoyance. Inconsiderate......wondering what is going on. Just because I am mad doesn't mean I am not concerned. Maybe he caused a ruckus when they told him I wasn't coming and he needed to take cab and they kept him but you think they would have called to tell me that.

On the good side, I have a ride to work all next week, not sure about after that but I feel better knowing I don't have to worry about next week.

I think selling the boat will be the ultimate solution. He won't be happy but hey, he shouldn't have it if he can't be responsible. I am not sure what his friend was thinking either. They were both drinking, thats illegal too!!

I am going a little stir crazy here especially since I can't get anything moving. Did I mention I am almost out of smokes, yikes. I think I had better plan a walk to the store.

Thanks for the hugs and the thoughts and the prayers.

If I have any updates, I will let you know.

Hugs to all of you and thanks again.

Love,
Debbie
Old 05-09-2003, 08:04 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

?? A brisk walk may feel good right about now, a place for that tension to come out....ya may have to circle the store a few times

hang in there! You can see everybody here just loves you!
Old 05-09-2003, 08:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Thanks live! And I love you all back too!!

Hugs,
Debbie

PS Just a little update......it was just too much for me to handle, I had to call the police and see if he was there. He isn't!! Nice PO Schlutz, said the report said, processed and released. Yikes, now I am mad at me for calling and mad at him for being so inconsiderate. Another saga of the missing........its the worst feeling of all

Last edited by Debbie; 05-09-2003 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Debbie,
I am so sorry that this situation has happened to you. As others have said it is so unfair. Will your insurance company give you a rental car because your car is out of commission?

I care about you and hate to see you go through this. Please keep your spirits up. Glad to hear you have a ride to work next week.

You may consider something to distract yourself today.

Hugs, Rose
Old 05-09-2003, 08:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

If I had just fouled all over my nest I would be dreading going to see my mess. You called to give yourself some peace of mind and knowledge. What is wrong with that? In all this, I don't see how you can be mad at yourself???!!!!
And he should have called. But I can guess why he didn't. So, I guess he is probably still on the run from it......Alcohol doesn't think straight.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

******{Rose}}}}

I think the walk to the store will be at least one distraction But now I am going to wait for the lunch time traffic to ease up.

Second, I think another distraction will be more sleep! I usually need at least 6 - 8 and I only got about 4! I think that is why I am all hyped up....lack of sleep, and too much nicotine and caffeine.

I don't have rental on my insurance policy so that is out. I probably could have gotten one if it was someone elses fault but doesn't look like that is in the cards. Things will work out, I just don't see them working out quickly enough for me Nothing I can do about that though, its out of my control for now.

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-09-2003, 09:05 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
believer

Why do they do that????? I know I know, it's not about us, but don't they know that the missing without a trace routine is the worse offense of all???? Now I DO take that s@#! personally. I hate sitting around worrying and wondering where they are....

Uh, he doesn't have access to your bank account does he? You know, the one with the money you just deposited?????

Hopefully he'll show up soon - sober, remorseful and begging for forgiveness for making you worry!!!!

Hang in there.

Hugs,
JG
Old 05-09-2003, 09:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

****{Live}}}

I missed your post, sorry. I guess you right. I do think I am way too tired and thinking way too much. I am sure he will show up a some point. He might have even showed up, saw what he did, and that I was home and left again. Who knows.

****{Journey}}}

Funny you mention that. He does have a MAC card and I have been checking my account every half hour to make sure nothing has been touched. Oh boy, if he did that I would literally kill him.......although I think I would get off for justifiable homicide!!

I have to agree that diappearing crap is the worst. I sit here concerned and he is probably at a buddies house, sleeping.......grrr.

Now a little off topic, the weather here is miserable which is probably hampering my mood. I wish the sun was shining so I could go outside and sit and soak it up. Although, not sure if that would be a good idea either since I would probably stare at the car and the neighbors fence.

Oh well, here I go again. Ramblinggggggg.....

Hugs,
Debbie