Interesting Debate Topic: Is it a Disease??

Old 05-02-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

You could be right about the stats--I just mentoned it because when my son was leaving OP rehab he was told in his exit meeting--He had asked me to be present--the AddictionPersonnel a Psych and MD told my son this info--I was shocked myself 2% doesn't give someone in recovery much hope........

...I will say I have known and taken care of hundreds of As over the years--I know the recovery rate is low/relapse high.I certainly think it is important to listen to those who have been through AA and recovered or are in recovery. I only have ever met 6 maybe.Which is why the whole thing makes me very nervous.
No I never said I understood what it was like to be an A---I am not an A--I only know what I have experienced living with an A--or taking care of As for over 25 years.,,,,,,,

I do know addiction though-Morphine-I know what it feels like not to be able to get it when you need it--like your body and mind are on fire...

Alcoholism is such a nightmare for the A and everyone around them...and Research cost money--we should be working on funding.

Whatever it is we are just here to share our feelings--maybe help someone else--just by letting those that need to vent--and come to some type of conclusion. I like it here-I learn so much--about ME--good/bad---doesn't matter as long as my mind stays open--and I can learn.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
animated_DNA.gif (16.5 KB, 12 views)