I think

Old 04-11-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
full of hope

What??
He always has the most thought-provoking things to say.
Maybe wise is too strong a word...maybe he's deep!?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Deep is good!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
full of hope

Okay, deep it is!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Alright!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

Im soooo sorry sunflower . I have been here such a short time but you are one of the first to welcome me and because of that I have been able to open up so much . I admire your strength for so many reasons . Your health , just getting through the day must somedays be too much to bear .
I hope you are wrong about your son , is it possible to go through a dry drunk period ? maybe when you are struggling harder than other times it just comes out in you that way ? can that happen here & there or would that just be for a time after the drinking starts ? Although that wouldnt explain the smell of alcohol .. I'm reaching here , I hope you are wrong .
Take care of yourself , it is what it is whether you worry or not . God Bless
Old 04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was wrong---read my new thread and thank you for your support!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sunflower...I'm so glad all is well in your world today. I can't help but comment on one of your last responses. How old is your son...and what sort of mental health issues does he have. Are they so severe he is not capable of independent living?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't mind answering---he is now 27 and has been an addict of crack from 15-16 years of age---then he became addicted to alcohol at around 19--it has been a nightmare..He has always seemed to have some type of what I thought was severe anxiety-social from a very young age. I took him to docs and psychs--no good....Finally he got sober enough this year long enough to be evaluated and diagnosed as bi polar and is on medication that is like a miricle in his life.I have put him in several inpatient detox units many times--he has been admitted 2 times to the hospital for attempting suicide since 15...he has had and lost several jobs along the way..I think he could live on his own now if he stays sober and gets a job--of course I want to set him up--but I am going to mak e him work for it this time--get his own place etc..So you see it has been years of chaos plus my being ill the last 6 years--hard for me to let go of some parts of it..hard to live any kind of 'normal' life after this ride...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You've had a lot to endure Sunflower. I truly wish he was able to find some life authority under his own skin. It appears you have been there every step of the way...taking care of everything. He cannot and will not be an adult until he decides he needs to be one. I do think you are hanging on too tightly for your own good..and the good of your son. Does God have any part in this Sunflwer...or is it up to you care for every step your son takes? Your son needs some semblance of autonomy...so do you...otherwise he will forever be a child...rather than a grown man approaching 30. There are so many ways in which your stress would lessen if you would Let Go and Let God.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I hear you---and yes I am a believer--unfortunately my son is not--but he does tell me about some''God signs"" he gets.I am hoping I will be able to let go-I have in many ways but not completely. I still have work to do--I have handed alot over to the HP-more than I ever imagined I would have been able to....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tn_fun sayings107.jpg (13.5 KB, 8 views)