Does doing the right thing make you feel good?? ever??

Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

wow, mallowcup, every single word you said hit home for me... it's all very true of my life, glad to know i'm not alone... thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

In a way that no other way could show me, that degree of pain to my core, I think was Gods way of reminding me I had a soul. I know I was suddenly acutely aware I had one. It was riveted with pain and spiritual sorrow. There is simply no other way to describe it.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chero View Post
I know I handled it better but do I ever get to feel better??? Does it always hurt to do the right thing just like it hurt to do the wrong thing?
I finally reached the point where I did the "right" thing most of the time -- not all of the time, but most of the time. Even though I was doing this, I was still very aware of the situation. It wasn't like I had blinders on. And it still hurt. But I just kept doing things for myself (like meeting friends for dinner or a movie). I'm able to enjoy myself and my friends, so I know that it's not eating me up completely. But there's no such thing as novocain for this.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
full of hope

Mallow...I hardly know where to start! You really hit the nail on the head with this one.

Originally Posted by mallowcup View Post
Something has to die before something can be born again. It isn't you that's dying, it's a union that's dying.
This one makes me cry! I almost feel like I need a funeral for closure or something??

We love so hard. Life with an alcoholic, over time, requires everything. When that death enters, you can't stop it and you realize that without him, you have nothing, you gave it all up along the way. There is nothing but him. This pain has to happen for you to get better.
I do love hard...too hard. I'm starting to realize love isn't enough. I'm not enough to fix this situation. Death is knocking at the door and I'm like two different people...one of me is pushing the door open and the other is holding it closed. Guess which one is getting weak!

I think pain is the vehicle that your new life comes in, because nothing short of this degree of pain has motivated you save yourself.
Well, isn't that the truth. I mean, how much do we have to endure to finally get it!?

and I promise this is true, the very best is yet to come.
Please keep repeating this!!!!

Thanks sooo much to everybody!! How I've made it through 11 1/2 years without you guys....I shudder at the thought!
, Cheryl