OT/ Moving

Old 02-07-2007, 02:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

New Mexico is beautiful too. I'd like to try the northwest, Washington or Oregon. Just a visit first. You could sell the hosue, take a little chunk to toodle around for six months or a year and put the rest of the money somewhere to draw interest for that time.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

A new start maybe the answer for you...however, before I made the big move,I'd have your Dad send you the want ads, go out to Monster.Com and see what the job market is like there.

I've moved many times, over one weekend in 1984, I had my ex served with divorce papers, had to the movers pack my stuff, drove to NJ and started a new job on Monday...did all of this in less than 3 days...my ex had no clue beforehand. I also had put our house on the market and sold 2 months later.

All my moves have circulated over securing a better position, I had a master
plan for me, my life.

What is your master plan?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I understand hating the cold. I'm in New England and my car wouldn't start yesterday because it was so frigid. One thing to think about with moving to another region is that you lose some of the most effective job-searching tools. I'm mostly talking about networking. Its one of the best ways to look for a job, but really hard to do in a place where you don't know anyone.